Global Vector AEC Problem

Hi Theo

Then you will have to uninstall and reinstall...

Click on the blue Vector uninstall button.  

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings, then go to your FSX\ORBX\ folder and delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder, then go to the FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt file.

Then reinstall from FTXC3.

Doug, looks great. It works !!  Thx

Something else... ( This is/was the reason I liked to use Airport Elevation Correction... :) )

Do you have any suggestion why I'm not seeing Aitportsceneries(buildings etc) like Carcasonne-LFMK and Beziers-LFMU in France.

I know they must be there but I can't see the.

I see parts of buidings(roofs) in the air etc.

Any idea?

On ‎29‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 1:39 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Theo

Then you will have to uninstall and reinstall...

Click on the blue Vector uninstall button.  

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings, then go to your FSX\ORBX\ folder and delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder, then go to the FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt file.

Then reinstall from FTXC3.

I just did that as suggested. But now the Configure FTX Global Vector Button is desensitised...

tool.jpg

Ok, do the uninstall again as above, but this time to reinstall, 

sign in to your Orbx Direct account on the web page, and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the Vector product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select Vector, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

Hi Jsapair

Make sure you click on the "Clear Temp" button in FTXC3 settings which will free up some space, but you will need approx 25GB to DL, unzip and install Vector as the zip file is 8GB and the installed size is about 13GB. If need be you can also move your Temp folder to a different drive, have a look at the below link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818

Thanks Doug. I left out a couple of zeroes. There's 200 GB available on my K: drive where FSX resides...K: being the second half of my partitioned SSD, C: being the first half. I'm hoping a manual install to K: will work.  I'll manually DL the update to another drive, as you suggested, and try to install from the .zip. My C: drive is definitely full. So you think the problem might be that the Temp files are attempting to DL to my full C: drive, by default? That would make sense to me. I'll check out your link for changing the path of the Temp folder. Every little bit helps at this point. Thanks again, Doug. I think you have me pointed in the right direction.

jsapair

Archived