Vector 1.51 Update

GrayRider

I was flying this morning for an hour or so. Everything graphics related was fine in my FSX at this point.

When I finished flying. I installed the released 1.51 update for my Global Vector. The install went great. To run the AEC auto-scan. I did have to remove the files that were mentioned by Ed to get the AEC auto-scan tool to work, and it did. I figured everything would be good to go. I then went into my NV Inspector, and checked to be sure my MS-Flight Simulator X profile settings I had were still there, and they were. My FSX in game sliders were as there were, as well.

When I started my FSX, went to a location, and now. I'm plagued with a lot of jagged edges and shimmering going on once again?. Note: About an hour or so before I installed the vector update 1.51 I had no graphic issues

So. At the moment. I'm thinking the vector update 1.51 I added must have changed something, somewhere in my settings, because I had no issues an hour or so before I installed the vector update?.

In some of my previous topics I did have screenshots of my MS_Flight Simulator X profile settings I've been using. They are currently as they were, before adding the vector update.

Maybe others here could suggest some new settings in my NV Inspector profile I could try, since the ones I had no longer work well with the new vector update etc.

THX

GrayRider

My guess is that any manual changes you made to airport elevations corrections (manually moving an airport ICAO from enabled to disabled, for example) were all negated by running the automatic AEC tool.  I don't see how Vector would affect your Nvidia Inspector settings.

Stewart.

I'm not sure what you mean by (were all negated by running the automatic AEC tool?.)

My NV Inspector settings I had, before and after I installed the vector update are still in place, like I had them. Either way something changed, since I'm back to have massive jagged edges and shimmering going on. So. An hour or so before I installed the vector update. I had no jagged edges or shimmering going on. After installing the vector update. The jagged edges and shimmering are back etc.

If I would not have installed the update. My FSX would be good to go etc.

GrayRider

Hey GR, hope you are well, good to see you around.

I know you will spend considerable time and effort trying to convince that this vector update created your jagged edges and shimmering, but you won't succeed.  It didn't.  Vector simply doesn't touch any of that.  Something else made the changes.

Try this.  Save your fsx.cfg file someplace outside the sim and let FSX rebuild a new fresh one for you.  Then begin re-inserting all your changes from your old fsx.cfg and check them little by little.

Honestly you may even find that you don't need the NV inspector at all.  I found that I am better off without it now, with P3D v3.4 but I don't use it with FSX SE either.  You might even test that out first.

Anyway, just a couple of suggestions.  Not an expert, by any means.

Mark

53 minutes ago, GrayRider said:

Stewart.

I'm not sure what you mean by (were all negated by running the automatic AEC tool?.)

My NV Inspector settings I had, before and after I installed the vector update are still in place, like I had them. Either way something changed, since I'm back to have massive jagged edges and shimmering going on. So. An hour or so before I installed the vector update. I had no jagged edges or shimmering going on. After installing the vector update. The jagged edges and shimmering are back etc.

If I would not have installed the update. My FSX would be good to go etc.

GrayRider

What I meant was (sorry I didn't explain more clearly) if you made any manual changes to an airport's elevation correction by using the AEC tool, for instance KDEN, by moving KDEN from the enable column to the disable column (and hitting Save, of course), then that and other changes made manually are wiped out by running the automatic feature of the AEC tool.  When you ran the AEC auto scan, those manual changes you have made (if you did) are no longer effective.

40 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Hey GR, hope you are well, good to see you around.

I know you will spend considerable time and effort trying to convince that this vector update created your jagged edges and shimmering, but you won't succeed.  It didn't.  Vector simply doesn't touch any of that.  Something else made the changes.

Try this.  Save your fsx.cfg file someplace outside the sim and let FSX rebuild a new fresh one for you.  Then begin re-inserting all your changes from your old fsx.cfg and check them little by little.

Honestly you may even find that you don't need the NV inspector at all.  I found that I am better off without it now, with P3D v3.4 but I don't use it with FSX SE either.  You might even test that out first.

Anyway, just a couple of suggestions.  Not an expert, by any means.

Mark

Hi, Mark.  You may be correct about perhaps not needing NV Inspector, especially if you're not running DX10 with Steve's Fixer.  I think running P3D v3.4, obviously running DX10 is a moot point, so no need for either Steve's Fixer or NV Inspector.

17 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

What I meant was (sorry I didn't explain more clearly) if you made any manual changes to an airport's elevation correction by using the AEC tool, for instance KDEN, by moving KDEN from the enable column to the disable column (and hitting Save, of course), then that and other changes made manually are wiped out by running the automatic feature of the AEC tool.  When you ran the AEC auto scan, those manual changes you have made (if you did) are no longer effective.

No.

I haven't made any manual changes to airports elevations using the AEC tool in quite a while. I do if orbx mentions it to any particular orbx airfield that may have an issue. Currently I don't have any third party payware airfields installed. Outside of orbx addons.  I only have the RTMM and OZx addons installed so far.

I kind of think. When I installed the vector update. I should not have run the AEC tool, because the vector update installed without any issues.

Now that my jagged edges and shimmering is back. I guess I'll have to start changing settings in my NV Inspector profile, until I find the right combination. I'm still an FSX user, and I don't use DX10.

Until than. I can't fly until I get the shimmering and jagged edges stopped.

GrayRider  

Archived