Questions about L/C's and regions

Jack Sawyer

Hi, I have a few questions so I can set up the Scenery Config Editor properly.

Now, I have these regions:

England

Wales

Scotland

Northern Ireland

Ireland

Germany

Norway

And Europe L/C

So my question is this.  If I fly over one of these regions do I need Europe L/C on in SCE?

Do these full fat regions override Europe L/C?

Thanks for any help.

Fat regions are self-contained, thus you can switch off OpenLC EU when flying strictly within GER North, ENG etc. I always have OpenLC off using SimStarter when flying in Fat Regions. You can switch off Vector within fat Regions, too, if you own it.

On the other hand, fat regions take priority over OpenLC. Thus, it doesn't hurt either if OpenLC is on, and you will need it when flying e.g. from Frankfurt to Heathrow, which means via Non-fat-region-land. Thus, I have a separate SimStarter profile where all stuff is active for this purpose, and you can make a corresponding setup in SCE as well.

Kind regards, Michael

The SCE will reflect your scenery.cfg file. Anything you have installed will show there. Like pmb says, you have the choice of keeping them activated, or not. I'm talking about SCE only here. One of the features of SCE is you can make profiles. You can turn off all the EU sceneries if you're flying NA, and vice-versa, and only activate that particular profile when you fly. Are you worried about OOM issues? I don't know why else you would want to turn them off in the first place.

jsapair

8 hours ago, jsapair said:

The SCE will reflect your scenery.cfg file. Anything you have installed will show there. Like pmb says, you have the choice of keeping them activated, or not. I'm talking about SCE only here. One of the features of SCE is you can make profiles. You can turn off all the EU sceneries if you're flying NA, and vice-versa, and only activate that particular profile when you fly. Are you worried about OOM issues? I don't know why else you would want to turn them off in the first place.

jsapair

Hi jspair, yes that's exactly how I use SCE, quite fluent in it now thanks to Nick but what I was asking was about Europe L/C itself.  I was curious if I needed it activated when I fly over a full fat region like say GEN or England.

Thanks

10 hours ago, pmb said:

Fat regions are self-contained, thus you can switch off OpenLC EU when flying strictly within GER North, ENG etc. I always have OpenLC off using SimStarter when flying in Fat Regions. You can switch off Vector within fat Regions, too, if you own it.

On the other hand, fat regions take priority over OpenLC. Thus, it doesn't hurt either if OpenLC is on, and you will need it when flying e.g. from Frankfurt to Heathrow, which means via Non-fat-region-land. Thus, I have a separate SimStarter profile where all stuff is active for this purpose, and you can make a corresponding setup in SCE as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael, that was exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate your help.

Jakc

Archived