FTX Global Vector 1.20 Error

CRC

Is there anyway that Orbx will correct this problem or produce a fix so we don't have to go thru the ordeal of uninstalling and reinstalling their products?  I have done all my

recent upgrades directly from FTX Central.  Now It will be difficult to  trust it  I realize what Orbx does is very intensive in their updates and I really appreciate it.  I  just thought this was to be the solution to our update problems of the past.  Anyway I will appreciate  anything that can be  done.  I did not have a backup of my original profile since I did not realize I would need it. Would my original profile still be on my Orbx system somewhere? Thank you.

Sincerely, Charles

Nick,

Thanks for your comments.  I  would like to make one suggestion I feel would be very helpful to your  customers who use the update functions in FTX Central:

When there is a  problem updating such as the  one we are experiencing with FTX Vector, could you not disable the particular update button in FTX Central along with a notice that there are problems with it so that your customers don't experience the same problems.  The large files involved make it  anything but  a minor problem.  It would save considerable time and frustration. Everyone would appreciate your consideration.  This would make it a much  easier and simpler method than having to  check the forum for any problems before using any update function in FTX Central. It would help us to  build confidence that you have tested the processes and that we will  not have to go thru a detailed recovery process.

Sincerely

Charles

Thank you Charles, that would be one way but it would deprive everyone of the update

when the published fix is relatively simple.

Given that this problem did not occur in the pre release testing, it was not forseeable and

has been fixed in very short order.

It does not affect how Vector works, nor does it affect a manual update of any of the

airports except the four that have duplicate files.

They are all in Iceland.

It only affects the auto configuration which is not required following the update.

The fix does not require any further downloading of any files.

Archived