Elevations

JohnMD

To the team,

I have been reinstalling all my ORBX products using FTX Central 3 but somewhere along the line it all turned to custard,  all my airport elevations are all up the creek, I have tried the FTX Global Vector configuration tool but that makes no difference, at some airports my aircraft ends up below the ground, at others the aircraft has it wheels stuck in the ground and the airport runway layering seems to be haywire, I have installed FTX Global base, Vector, Open LC Europe, Open LC NA, Northern California, Southern Californian, Southern Alaska, Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest, Central Rockies, Northern Rockies, but I am not sure where the problem lies, I have included a couple of screens of an aircraft at Cordova Smith in Alaska  to try and show the problem to see if that helps, you can see from the screens how the runway comes up from under the ground in the distance, failing that I will uninstall it all and start again, maybe do it manually, at least I know that works.

I also had Pilots 2010 installed, but uninstalled it and it made no difference.

If someone could help it would be really appreciated,

Regards

John MacDonald 

Order Number: FSS0222475
Order Date: 2013-07-27
[ORB-727] Orbx - FTX: Global

Screenshots:

2017-3-24_18-10-13-236.jpg
2017-3-24_18-10-19-666.jpg

I can only think it is a possible combination or solely to do with the following.

Migration

Orbxlibs

Scenery Library layering

Installation error.

Mesh setting

Vector placement in Scenery Library

Central 3 putting all your FTX addons on the top of the Scenery Library.

If you post a pic of your Scenery Library it would be a good start in assisting a resolution to your current problem.

JJaycee,

Thank you for that, I have uninstalled each ORBX product in turn to see if I could resolve the issue that way by process of elimination, but still no joy, I have decided to wipe the lot and start again and test each stage as I progress, and that way I work from a clean slate so to speak,

regards

John MD

Good luck with your choice of action. Hope it works out. Just make sure you follow all the processes when you do a reinstall.

Ensure you also install the latest orbxlibs, do the Migration if it isn't done automatically. Make sure your, if any 3rd party addons are placed above FTX and OLC in the scenery library. Make sure you use the Scenery Library Insertion Tool in Central 3/settings and place FTX above OLC with any 3rd party addons above those 2 and remember to hit Save.

No doubt you will post back if you still have a problem.

When you have installed all the addons, remember to run the Vector AEC AutoConfiguration Tool, turn off Frozen Water option.

I would try a FTX Region first with Vector disabled in your Scenery Library (just untick it including the Vector AEC folder near the bottom of the scenery library) and see if you have elevation issues. You shouldn't have because FTX Regions have all their own vector data, Landclass and mesh so need no input from vector, OLC or any mesh 3rd party addon.

• 2 weeks later...

To the team,

Just a note to update you on things regarding my problems with elevations and so on, I ended up doing a complete reinstall of everything from scratch, with a new hard drive and fresh install of FSX Acceleration and loaded everything manually from back up discs of FTX Global Base, Landclass and Vector products,and the various regions and did all the updates from FTX Central V3 as I progressed through the installation, I still have yet to install all the airports which is going to take some time.

I have all your products so it is a bit of a mission to say the least, but it is all running perfectly and we are back in business, really great to be back up and flying again.

regards

John MD

Good news John MD. Somethings must have got corrupted somehow previously. We never know what the causes are but we do know that the FTX products are normally just fine and that problems raised are normally user error, scenery layering or corrupt files.

Happy Flying :)

Archived