[FIXED WITH V1.01 PATCH] Scenery CFG Error

Hi guys, downloaded freeware airports pack, installed, fired up fsx, started doing its thing installing new scenery then came up with 2 'scenery cfg errors, but still allowed to continue updating the database.  The two errors are as follows:  scenery cfg error local scenery directory (orbx\ftx_au\ftxau48_custom\scenery)in scenery area.127 not found..click ok to continue, and the other is same error message except local scenery directory(orbx\ftx_au\ftxau46_shores\scenery) in area.128 not found.

I do not yet have FTX purchased or installed, but I am under the impression that this shouldnt make any diference, my VSX files have been disabled in the scenery library, all the FTX files show up in the library and are checked, when I check the orbx folder in FSX indeed ftxau46 and ftxau48 are missing from the folder.

Thanks in advance, its late, will catch up on the responses after some sleep.

BTW...I flew from Bendigo to Kyneton, happy to see the airfield there, so I assume the airfields were installed, just dont know about the two missing sub-directories from the orbx folder, and error on FSX startup as stated above.

well it is a simple answer, there are files that are calling for files in the FTX AU Blue package, as they are not there hence the error notice from fsX as it doesn't find those folders.

As is been stated, the FTX AU Blue Freeware GA fields package is for the FTX AU Blue region and released as a free add-on for the FTX AU Blue package ;)

I hope this clarifies your question

It should be clearly stated that this "free" addon is only free and fully functional only for owners of AU BLUE.

Something diffrent is stated here:

Gavin and dreamnugget,

"Does it work?"

calendar,

Isn't that what you should be asking?

Have you installed it?

I am also receiving these errors. Additionally, I am getting the error

"scenery.cfg file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in Scenery area.001. Click OK to continue."

I am getting blurred and choppy black textures everywhere, including my home airport in the US. I have tried your uninstall procedure and this does not fix it. Help!

I also have GEX 1.06, FEX, and UTX USA as well as FS Genesis mesh installed.

Thanks, the hotfix got rid of the "scenery not found" error, but I still have the scenery.cfg remote error and my textures have been replaced by black polygons.  Not sure what to do, am considering reinstalling my texture folder at this point...

Thanks John for the hotfix...works fine at my end.  Also for your and others reference I reactivated the VSX roads and traffic files and noticed a significant visual improvements in the roads around Kyneton as far as dual carraigeway of the Calder H/way and other roads near the airstrip to a more realistic level....not a grudge, just an observation..

..speaking of which, I have never knocked any of Orbxs' work and look forward to 'joining the revolution'.  Mark, in my post I said that it seemed to work, just pointed out the installation errors I was getting, and Uhu, the freeware airport Au pack was always promoted as a free to anyone (Au purchaser or not) package, if it was promoted as Orbx customers only I would have waited until I got it before getting the airport pack.

Like I said..no complaints about Orbxs' work, but I was a little set back by those two replies.  I apreciate all the work you guys do, and hope to enjoy it for some time to come.

Thanks John for the hotfix...works fine at my end.  Also for your and others reference I reactivated the VSX roads and traffic files and noticed a significant visual improvements in the roads around Kyneton as far as dual carraigeway of the Calder H/way and other roads near the airstrip to a more realistic level....not a grudge, just an observation..

..speaking of which, I have never knocked any of Orbxs' work and look forward to 'joining the revolution'.  Mark, in my post I said that it seemed to work, just pointed out the installation errors I was getting, and Uhu, the freeware airport Au pack was always promoted as a free to anyone (Au purchaser or not) package, if it was promoted as Orbx customers only I would have waited until I got it before getting the airport pack.

Like I said..no complaints about Orbxs' work, but I was a little set back by those two replies.  I apreciate all the work you guys do, and hope to enjoy it for some time to come.

Future hotfixes will duplicate the Calder, Princes, Hume and other freeways to the state borders. Hang in there ;) Meantime, VSX causes more issues than it solves and we recommend uninstalling it.

Thanks, the hotfix got rid of the "scenery not found" error, but I still have the scenery.cfg remote error and my textures have been replaced by black polygons.  Not sure what to do, am considering reinstalling my texture folder at this point...

Same problem, 1.0 uninstalled, installed 1.01

Archived