Floating Ship

Hello guys ,

Just did a Flight around KBID ( Great Scenery...Well Done Alex ) ! As soon I got airborne , I saw a ship floating ( Actually couple of Ships ) !

Below are couple of Shots ... Any Idea What is going On ?

Thank you ,

2017-3-4_22-39-37-357.jpg

2017-3-4_22-39-43-679.jpg

Mike

Hello guys ,

Just did a Flight around KBID ( Great Scenery...Well Done Alex ) ! As soon I got airborne , I saw a ship floating ( Actually couple of Ships ) !

Below are couple of Shots ... Any Idea What is going On ?

Thank you ,

2017-3-4_22-39-37-357.jpg

2017-3-4_22-39-43-679.jpg

Mike

Hi Mike,

Floaters indeed!

A few things to try:

1. Do the ships float after forcing the scenery library to reload (World | Scenery Library | click "OK", wait for reload)

2. Are you using any add-ons for ship traffic?

3. And finally, do the floating ships persist when disabling the KBID ferry traffic via the airport control panel? 

Hi Mikee,

Those floating ships look like models of Washington State Ferries 'Jumbo' class. The resolution of your screenshot is not high enough for me to tell for sure, those don't quite look like my models.

What additions have you made to the AI boat system? (The model you are seeing does not appear to be a default ferry.)

Can you post a close-up of the boat?

4 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Mikee,

Those floating ships look like models of Washington State Ferries 'Jumbo' class. The resolution of your screenshot is not high enough for me to tell for sure, those don't quite look like my models.

What additions have you made to the AI boat system? (The model you are seeing does not appear to be a default ferry.)

Can you post a close-up of the boat?

Hello Larry and Thank you for your Reply !

I Used to have Global AI Ship Traffic (Henrik Nielsen)...But Not anymore . I am Sure I deleted All The Files ! ( I hope ! ) .

The Resolution of the Ships are Very Low . Below are some more Shots :

2017-3-6_21-38-45-820.jpg

2017-3-6_21-38-59-785.jpg

2017-3-6_21-39-51-621.jpg

2017-3-6_21-40-10-903.jpg

Mike

Hi Mikee,

What you are seeing is the default AI ferry assigned to route 2649 via the default boat traffic file.  It should have nothing to do with Henrik’s ship traffic.

When you pause the sim, typically another instance of the AI boat traffic will be generated which could explain why you are seeing two ferries.  As to why they are flying, maybe Alex knows about flying boats. :)

If this is happening repeatedly the only thing I can think of at the moment is that in spite of your good system, P3D is getting overloaded.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, Alex Goff said:

Hi Mike,

Floaters indeed!

A few things to try:

1. Do the ships float after forcing the scenery library to reload (World | Scenery Library | click "OK", wait for reload)

2. Are you using any add-ons for ship traffic?

3. And finally, do the floating ships persist when disabling the KBID ferry traffic via the airport control panel? 

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:03 AM, Larry_R said:

Hi Mikee,

What you are seeing is the default AI ferry assigned to route 2649 via the default boat traffic file.  It should have nothing to do with Henrik’s ship traffic.

When you pause the sim, typically another instance of the AI boat traffic will be generated which could explain why you are seeing two ferries.  As to why they are flying, maybe Alex knows about flying boats. :)

If this is happening repeatedly the only thing I can think of at the moment is that in spite of your good system, P3D is getting overloaded.

Hi Alex and Larry ,

The Ships float after I force the Scenery to reload , And even when I Disable them via the Control Panel still Floats !

As I mentioned to Larry I Used to Have Henrik's Ship Traffic ( Not Anymore ) . I Also have Installed Just Flight's Traffic 360 ( But That is Only for AI Traffic ! ) . 

I Also , Manually Added Tongass_FjordsX ,SimObjects ( Boats ) ! That's it . I have No Idea where this Ship Came From . ( Btw...I Can See it,Only in the Morning!!! ) .

Thanks for your help ,

Mike

If the floaters are there after the control panel has been switched off then they are definitely default ferries. Narrows it down but does not find the root cause!

Could you try locating some ferries at other locations and seeing if they float? One of the easiest ferry locations I know of is near Friday Harbor, to the immediate northeast of the airport. 

Go into the simobjects folder and rename the ferry1, ferry2 and wash_ferry_sm files, that will probably eliminate the offending boats, they are pretty cruddy looking anyway.  I did that but I fly out west using Larry's BC and Washington ferries which look so good, so I didn't need these default ones..

Nigel

Vancouver

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:11 AM, nigelgrant said:

Go into the simobjects folder and rename the ferry1, ferry2 and wash_ferry_sm files, that will probably eliminate the offending boats, they are pretty cruddy looking anyway.  I did that but I fly out west using Larry's BC and Washington ferries which look so good, so I didn't need these default ones..

Nigel

Vancouver

Thank for the Tip Nigel , I appreciated it !

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, Alex Goff said:

If the floaters are there after the control panel has been switched off then they are definitely default ferries. Narrows it down but does not find the root cause!

Could you try locating some ferries at other locations and seeing if they float? One of the easiest ferry locations I know of is near Friday Harbor, to the immediate northeast of the airport. 

Hi Alex ! Just did a Flight Around Friday Harbour , and everything is Normal ! ( I will try in Some Other Areas ) .

Thanks ,

Mike

Archived