Display distortion Nvidia Surround

chumley

I use three monitors with Nvidia surround at 6000 x 1080 with bezel correction set to active.

My default P3D zoom setting is 60% and I'm currently using the NGX and YMML.

When I set up P3D at gate C8 the image on all the right and centre screens and about an inch on the right hand side of the left screen is displayed correctly. The rest of the screen displays as though the aircraft is inside the building.

Looking at the display of the aircraft outside from above and behind shows the aircraft to be correctly placed at the gate.

If I scroll the screen round moving my focal point to the left the image display becomes distorted on both side monitors and I can see activity through the terminal.

I doubt I'm alone with this issue and would appreciate some insight as to whether it is resolvable. 

1.jpg.jpg

Hi Andy,

At a guess, and I really mean (Guess???) because I don't have your setup, Nvidia Surround or the 737NGX, but could it be view clipping.

The Cameras.cfg  Clipmode  [CameraDefinition.002]  See last line in below example.

Or perhaps you have Ezdok Cameras program, that may be creating the view clipping from Virtual Cockpit with Nvidia Surround.

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate = 30
HeadingPanRate = 75
PanAcceleratorTime = 0
HotKeySelect = 1
ShowLensFlare = TRUE

ClipMode=Normal      //add this line - I have not tested this addition,  but you will not see the ClipMode=normal   line in a standard Cameras.cfg - remove this line if it has adverse or no effect 

No a problem Andy, hope someone has some ideas for you.

Totally odd the way it has cut through cockpit and airport jetway on the left screen only.  My suggestion was just a guess, it was worth a try but since it produced nada, it can be removed.

BTW what are the 4 boxes between Jeff & .

41 minutes ago, chumley said:

Jeff.

1 hour ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

No a problem Andy, hope someone has some ideas for you.

Totally odd the way it has cut through cockpit and airport jetway on the left screen only.  My suggestion was just a guess, it was worth a try but since it produced nada, it can be removed.

BTW what are the 4 boxes between Jeff & .

No idea - I don't see 4 boxes.

I'm wondering if it is due to the issue whereby as you move further from the centre of the image on both sides magnification increases in surround.

3 hours ago, chumley said:

I'm wondering if it is due to the issue whereby as you move further from the centre of the image on both sides magnification increases in surround.

It's hard to see how this problem could be anything to do with nvidia Surround. If I've understood you correctly (the screenshots are not that clear to me) it looks more like an issue with intersecting 3D models. I would say it's a problem with the NGX virtual cockpit model. My understanding is that the VC is a separate model from the exterior model so just checking that your aircraft is correctly-positioned in the external views may not mean much. Have you tried going into slew and moving the aircraft position?

Archived