Unable to install EU Scotland

pennkiwi

Your transaction ID is 58b12307530a9.
2-25-17

Last night I purchased two products to install to FSX-SE using Orbx Central. The England scenery installed without any problems but the Scotland scenery will not install. As instructed by the error message, I am attaching the requested file. I have no dual install - FSX regular has never been installed on this computer. I have about a dozen Orbx sceneries installed and all have done so with problems. I also installed some freeware products last night without problems. Thank you for your assistance

Ian Scott

ftxc3.log

Hello Nick

1. I used the FSX Registry editor - it made no difference
  2. I tried to read the ftxc3.log --- please note "tried." I am a 71 year old semi-retired history professor. There is no way I am going to be able to understand what is in that log. I cannot understand information intended for a computer professional like yourself...
  3. I have checked the forum posts and the FAQ - there was nothing that related to my problem

I did exactly what the error message told me to do. It said "An unexpected error occurred. Please send Orbx staff the %LocalAppDat%\orbx\ftxc3.log"

I sent  you a support request giving you all the requested information...  Here it is again

Transaction ID is 58b12307530a9.

2-25-17

Last night I purchased two products to install to FSX-SE using Orbx Central. The England scenery installed without any problems but the Scotland scenery will not install. As instructed by the error message, I am attaching the requested file. I have no dual install - FSX regular has never been installed on this computer. I have 26 Orbx products installed and all have done so with problems. Thank you for your assistance

Ian Scott

The issue is with the EU Scotland scenery only. It downloads about 23% (417.4 mb) and then gives me the error message. Moments before I tried downloading it for the first time I had successfully downloaded and installed the EU England scenery... I used exactly the same procedure as I have downloading and installing numerous Orbx products. All of them worked perfectly except the Scotland scenery.....

As with all downloads, UAC is in the off position, I have administrator rights and virus protection and firewall were turned off... I have downloaded and installed literally hundreds of addons since FS98... I don't claim to be an expert but I am certainly not an FS novice.

Can you please give me a solution to the specific problem that I have described and can understand and act upon or please arrange for a credit to my account and I will purchase a different Orbx product that I can install.

Thank you

Ian Scott

ftxc3.log.url

Hello Ian,

I must first apologise, I have provided a link to a topic that is not relevant to your problem.

None of us is perfect and I have made a mistake.

Looking at the log you posted, I see 

"The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg' because it is being used by another process."

This error appears four times in the log and suggests that while you were attempting to run FTX Central, it was unable to write to your

scenery library because the file it needed to write to was already in use by another program.

Please check that the file is not open, in for example FSX or Notepad or other text editor.

Archived