[Iceland Demo, FSX: SE] Runway cutting through terrain

simtom

Hello to you all,

Today I installed the Iceland Demo and was really looking forward to see it in action.

Unfortunately things aren't working out for me as they should be.

First of all, BIKF (Keflavik Airport) is not displayed correctly. The runways and taxiways are cutting through the terrain.
vlcsnap-error035.png

I did have an issue with this airport as well before installing the demo, the runway slightly disappeared under the terrain. Also, all the lights are floating.

It seems like it's only this airport that's giving me problems. I tried Reykjavik Airport and there everything was fine.

Secondly, I don't think the demo is actually active.
The textures still look like the stock ones. I tested this by changing the time to dusk/night and there were no 3D lights or whatsoever. 

I really want to tryout this demo so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tomas

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Do you have any FTX products installed already and if you do not,

do you have any other products for Iceland?

Hello Nick,

No, I don't have any other FTX products installed nor do I have other products related to the Iceland region.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I don't know if this problem has been fixed, but I have the same issue with my P3D. 
I have flat area and all like nice, but the main terminal of KEF that is exactly as a stock one. I tried to uninstall and re-install again but the problem is the same. Sometimes I have the terrain with this problem, but not always.
Could someone help me?

Thank you!!!

Edit: I think there is something wrong with the installation, I don't think to have any airport installed, now I'm looking more carefully.. something of Reykjavik is noted (Perlan, Hallgrimskirkja..) but nothing more... I am waiting for someone ready to understand what happends. 
I don't have Iceland X.
Regards

Vittorio

Archived