Water Walls Near 3W5

caleb1

I have Orbx Pacific Northwest and 3W5 Concrete Municipal airport, and near 3W5, the Skagit River has this "cliff" or "wall" of water at the edge of the river.

I only noticed this problem near 3W5 so I think it has to do with the blending of the Orbx 3W5 Scenery into the Orbx Pacific Northwest.

Has anyone else had this problem or might have a solution to this.

This screenshot was taken on about 1/4 mile final for runway 25 at 3W5

Water Wall.PNG

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

It's difficult to tell from your screenshot whether the 3W5 add-on is installed when compared with my screenshot. Moreover, even FTX PNW by itself looks different from your screenshot (note the different ground textures in the background of your screenshot) so something isn't correct with your installation.

Does your scenery library menu contain the "FTX_AA_3W5" and four "FTX_NA_PNW..." entries? Does FTX Central show a correct installation of these products, including the Orbx Libraries?

Also, are you using any third-party landscape add-ons, perhaps located at higher display priority than the Orbx entries?

Cheers, Holger

FTX PNW - 3W5 Rwy 25 approach.jpg

FTX PNW - 3W5 Rwy 25 approach with PNW only.jpg

In FTX Central it says that 3W5, PNW, and Orbx Libraries are installed and up to date, and in the scenery library, there are 4 PNW entries, Orbx Libraries, and FTX_AA_3W5, But only FTX_AA_3W5 was checked.  When I first bought PNW, and was installing it, when I checked all those 4 PNW entries, it was all messed up, so I left those unchecked.  However when I checked Orbx Libraries just today, it fixed some of the other problems I had such as animated people, static planes, and 3D grass not showing up.  But it didn't fix my problem with the walls of water.  Do I need to check any of the PNW items in the scenery library?  Also to answer your question, I am not using any other landscape addons at all

Thanks

Hi there,

the four PNW entries need to have their checkboxes ticked to work as intended. If you have display problems with PNW then I'd suggest starting FTX Central v3 and, in the Settings menu, click on Force Migration. Let us know whether that fixes those issues; if not we need more specific information (e.g., screenshots with coordinates blended in via Shift-Z) as to what "messed up" means. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived