Trouble with SCA Region

BamaKevin

Spoiler

I have recently reinstalled P3D v3.4 and got all of my Orbx stuff downloaded and reinstalled last night.  When I try to load a flight in the SCA Region at KPSP in particular it loads to 16% and P3D CTD.  It shows Net Framework error 4.0. And G2D.dll error.  I can load a flight everywhere else but this Region.  I have reinstalled 3 times so far.  I have repaired P3D , Net Framework and reinstalled Graphics Driver 376.33.  What can I do to hopefully fix this? Using Windows 10 64bit.

Hi BamaKevin,

not sure what specifically in KPSP should cause crashes. There are a large number of windfarm turbines in the area so you could try deactivating those via the SCA control panel.

Having said that, if you google for "p3d G2D.dll crash" you'll notice that those appear to be related to the graphics card "interface" (drivers, display settings, multitasking, etc.). Moreover, there have been quite a few discussions in the P3D forums regarding .Net issues and CTDs; for example  http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=122335&start=75#p149179

Hopefully some of those topics provide clues relevant to your specific situation.

Cheers, Holger

Archived