Scenery degrades over time

Rod Mann

Hopefully the title gives you some idea of my problem.  It took me awhile to figure out what was happening, but I think it is this.

I have Orbx Global, Vector, NA and EU LC installed in P3D latest version, excepting last hotfix.  When I load up a location and then take off and fly for a short while, all looks good.  Then, and I'm not sure how long (I've tried two different scenarios thus far), the scenery I'm seeing from the plane starts getting more and more blurry and indistinct.  Soon I'm flying over a mush landscape with little to no definition-no vector detail, landclass or anything but a vague outline of what lies below.  Elevation seems not to make a difference.  

One flight was long, from CYVR to KSAN, a few hours in an Airbus.  The other was much shorter KSAN to KPSP in a default Bonanza.  Both exhibited the same result.  I've attached a few pics.

The first two show 'scenery' near the end of the longer CYVR to KSAN flight.  The third shows just before landing at KPSP from KSAN.  The last, interestingly, is after landing at KPSP, reloading the airport location, on the runway.  As you can see, the last shows, the 'normal' high quality scenery I'd expect from Orbx.  

I can't say the problem has just surfaced, since I'm just getting started again at flight simming after a few years away.  Most of my 'test flights' to date have been quite short to get a feel for things and familiarize myself with a few planes. I've not notices it until starting some longer flights of at least 1/2 hour duration.

Perhaps the issues I'm experiencing relate to a scenery caching? problem.  Perhaps to my scenery settings?  I'm not sure.  I'm not sure the questions to ask, but perhaps someone can steer me in the right direction.  I trust I've attached image files in the correct manner.

fkBExWZ.jpg

FDulu0U.jpg

rtK7bQE.jpg

WX7u5LX.jpg

Doug,

Thanks very much for the info.  I've read the thread and certainly seems like the same problem.  Working through the thread I have some questions for clarification

1.  Paul Griffiths response:The Shaders folder.  I'm not sure what is being said here about all files in this folder.  What files?  I have a ShadersHLSL folder that has many folders and files.  How do i determine validity/completeness of this folder? There is also a Shaders folder in AppData/Local/P3D,  Is that the folder and if so, should I delete the contents and reload P3D?

2. Paul Griffiths, a little later comments about changes to P3D config, especially re TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT to 400.  Is this key too?  Mine right now is 30 which I assume is default?

I'm running an I5-6600k (oc 20%), 500GB SSD for P3D, 16GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB video card (plus other SSD and HD drives, one which is a1TB drive for FreeMesh scenery). 

3.olifly's response at the end of the thread, with a resolution to his blurries problem with a list of steps he took, including deleting the folders that contain the "data/configuration files for P3D", that seems a drastic step.  

One thing not talked about is the order in the scenery config folder.  I've done a fair amount of research on this and tried to establish an order that reflects most folks thinking, but it may not be optimal.  I've included a pic of mine, w/o showing the sceneries below #65 which are base sceneries, excepting VECTOR AEC which is just above Default Scenery and Default terrain, the last two entries.

Appreciate your help on this.

Rod

Flvlyxt.jpg

Richard,

thank you for your reply.  I decided that I would uninstall and then reinstall all my flight sim applications in a dedicated SSD drive and 'start from scratch'.  This seems to have resolved my issues, at least thus far, after reinstalling P3D, and all my Orbx sceneries.  Something was obviously corrupted previously, but trying to sleuth it out was in the end not worth it.  A 'nuclear solution' I appreciate, but successful I think.

thanks

Rod 

Archived