This has to do with reinstalling FSX-se

When I first installed Steam FSX on my Ssd drive it asked where to install it and it kept coming up could not find FSX. In the end I put FSX and it found it. Wrong, so the path is now FSX/steamapps/common/FSX yes I know now it's wrong but it worked. Now after some trouble with Steam my FSX is still on my Ssd drive but not showing in Steam and now I can not seam to reinstall FSX-SE as it says the folders should be empty and other stuff. Think I've found that if I can verify the local files this will install FSX but I can not as in that section it's all blank, I think because of the way I installed it. What I'm asking is, is there any way I change that folder from not having the FSX in front and have it like it should be which is Steamapps/common/FSX. Hope some one can help me. Derek.

Hi Nick sorry just seen your reply and it's late. Could you be a bit more explicit, my registry entry. Do you mean create another folder on my Ssd starting with Steamapps\Common\FSX and then cut and paste or copy and paste everything over to the new folder and then delete the old folder and see what happens I suppose. Sounds like it might work. Thanks Derek.

No.

You said the registry path is now FSX\steamapps\common\FSX .

You also said that the correct path is Steamapps\common\FSX .

My suggestion was that you create a new folder named FSX and place

Steamapps\common\FSX into it so that the files are then

FSX\steamapps\common\FSX, which you say is where the registry has

been told to look.

Hi Nick sorry it must be me I'm thick, why would I want to recreate a reg path that is all ready there. When I right click on FSX in Steam, a box comes up right with a load of stuff, one of them being local files. When I go into local files where it says among other things verify integrity of local files, that is all blacked out and I think the reason for this is because of the wrong file structure for FSX and the fact that to Steam FSX-SE is not installed. All the rest of my games are ok as they are in Steam\Steamapps\Common\ then the name of the game. What I'm thinking is if I can some how without a complete reinstall put FSX-SE into the correct path Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX then I might be able to get into the local files do a integrity game file check and it might then install FSX. I have opened a support ticket with Steam so maybe they can sort some thing out. I'm really hoping I don't have to do a complete install. Thanks Derek.

Thought we had it sorted as my son came round and nah don't do do this do this and we selected Steam at top of Steam page, settings then Steam library folders, selected the drive wherebFSX was and it immediately came up as installed every thing there then selected play but all I'm getting is the blue spiny wheel and nothing's happening. Derek

Ok I've stopped mucking about I'm going for a reinstall. Think that's the only way, plus might treat myself to a bigger hard drive, say a 1tb, and stick it all on there, wish it could be an Ssd, but a bit short of cash at mo. So thanks for your help Nick. I will make sure I pick the correct install option. Derek.

Archived