Issues after installing FTX Global Base and FTX Vector

TinyC1000

I have recently re-installed FSX Deluxe after having to re-install windows 10. I have also installed FTX Global Base and FTX Vector via FTX Central 3, and according to FTX Central the products are installed and up to date. I am not, however, noticing many (if any) features over and above the default FSX scenery, and there are no FTX items in the simulator scenery list. There is also a significant lack of trees even when the autogen density is set to 'extremely dense'.

I have run the FTX Vector control panel and ensured all the options are ticked.

In addition, every time I open FTX Central it prompts me to migrate to the "unified lclookup". I presume this should be something that only needs to be done once?

Ok, let's uninstall and reinstall FTXC3 using the below procedure.

Delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Then re-install FTX Central v3 from the link

on the Orbx Direct home page

Also make sure your UAC is turned off 

6 hours ago, TinyC1000 said:

I installed FSX to the default location in program files. I've run the registry utility and confirmed that the folder path is correct.

Did you use the "Get Path" or "Set Path" option when you ran the registry utility....I would use the "Set Path" option in this case.

Hi,

After re-installing FTX Central 3 I have re-installed Global Base and Global Vector and used the "Set Path" option in the registry utility, but there is still no change to the situation. Still very few trees and buildings when autogen density is set to high and no FTX entries in the scenery library.

After re-installing FTX Central 3 the libraries still showed as installed and up to date, so I uninstalled then re-installed. When I uninstalled Global Vector a message popped up saying "An unexpected error occurred. Please send Orbx staff the %LocalAppData%\Orbx\ftxc3.log. What particular file am I looking for in this location?

21 minutes ago, TinyC1000 said:

I can't see a file called ftxc3.txt log on my desktop, or anywhere on my computer.

This is probably not related to your initial issue anyway...

So have a look in your root FSX folder for a folder called ORBX and have a look what's in it 

This would be a good time to seriously consider uninstalling FSX and reinstalling in a non programfiles (86) location. I would  install it in a new Folder on C drive called FSX or better yet on a separate drive, the default location is notorious for causing access and windows permissions problems 

Yes you can use the registry tool if need be, but also uninstall your Orbx Products and uninstall FTXC3 as described in the above post. Below is a good guide to properly uninstall FSX, if it gets uninstalled properly and completely there should be no need for the registry tool.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Also make sure you delete the C;\Users\AppData\Roaming\Orbx Systems Folder

I am not using Windows10, but you might need to go to "Folder Options" and select the View tab, and then put a bullet in the "Show hidden files,folders, and drives" option so all the appropriate folders will be visible for you.

I would also use the free registry cleaner called Ccleaner after everything is uninstalled to start with a clean registry.

I've just solved my mystery.

Not sure if it will help..

The Scenery.cfg file used by FSX is NOT the one in the FSX folder. Doh. I wish I'd have known that earlier. it's a hidden file. Lives in C; ProgramData\microsoft\fsx

Damn and blast. No wonder I couldn't shift the damn Orbx entries from the bloody scenery library! Anyway. If you're trying to remove everything to get a vanilla FSX load, that's the missing golden ticket!

Hi,

I have uninstalled FSX as per the instructions provided above, removed FTX Central and used CClearner to clean the registry, then reinstalled in FSX in a non program files location and downloaded and re-installed Global Base and Global Vector via FTX Central. However, the same problems persist - no FTX entries in the scenery library and FTX Central prompting migration  to the unified lclookup every time it is opened. 

Archived