EGHR Control Panel (impossible to enable feature)

spoondeep

Hello everyone, searching in the forums, I see a few mentions of vaguely similar issues, but no definitive answer.

I have repeatable behavior on several computers, one a clean install, and am unable to enable 

"Animated Grass"

"Grass - All Grass (including animated)"

"Animated Butterflies"

The panel allows me to select, and check, closes cleanly, but on reopening, these features have unchecked themselves.

Is this a bug or by design "feature"?

EGHR.png

Hi,

It is a problem with duplicated files - one working file and one file that has been labelled off.  I have seen this before, and I was also able to replicate the same issue with the EGHR control panel.

It is a bug, but can be fixed pretty easily.

To fix the issue, navigate to the folder: Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_AA_EGHR/Scenery

You will see several bgl files with the .OFF at the end of them.  These files also have a file with the same name, but not containing the .off extension.  The control panel is designed to add the .off to this bgl file when it is unselected (turned off) via the control panel.  So there should only be one copy of this file, not both.

In my folder I had four of them:

ORBX_EGHR_PLC_Airport_NF_Grass_Anim_01_ObjectFlow.xml.OFF

ORBX_EGHR_PLC_Airport_StaticAircrafts_01_ObjectFlow.xml.OFF

ORBX_EGHR_PLC_CF_Butterflies_Anim_01_ObjectFlow.xml.OFF

ORBX_EGHR_PLC_CF_Butterflies_Anim_02_ObjectFlow.xml.OFF

To fix the issue, make sure the file with the same name minus the .OFF is present, then delete the files with the .OFF extension.

When you go back to the control panel now and select those options they should stay on.

EGHR_ControlPanel.jpg

Cheers,

Hello Scott, thanks very much for taking the time to reply, and with screenshots also. 

I followed your instructions, and indeed discovered the same four *.OFF files, in the related subdirectories of FSX. FSX-SE, and P3dV2. (I've yet to install my orbx packages into P3dV3, but presumably it will need identical .OFF file deletions.)

I can also confirm the same behavior with the following packages.

EGHP Popham Airfield (CreatureFlow -Animals Outside Popham Airfiled), > deleted ORBX_EGHP_PLC_CF.bgl.OFF

I also made a check of all my other Orbx products, and didn't find any others behaving like this.

Time to go check them out in the simulator.

Thanks again Scott, and just love your footer " "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground,  buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there". "

Brilliant.

Cheers

spoondeep

Archived