Disappearing Scenery - Again

John Khan

Hi, sorry I know there are a lot of posts regarding this.

I am having trouble, - again, - re this. When I start at an airport it seems to be OK, but when I arrive after a 2 to 3 hour flight, the airport is not there and the surrounding scenery is all fizzy. This is Queenstown New Zealand

NZQNarrival.jpg

And the runway

r_NZQNunway.jpg

I just dumped the aircraft where I thought the runway was , turned around and taxied back. The runway appeared half way back and the terminal looked OK.

I have a lot of these but don't want to poat them all.

My Library is

Library1.jpg

Library2.jpg

I can't see Global Base or Vectors, are they there? FTX Central thinks they are there and working fine?

Global_Base.jpg

This happens in all the places where I arrive from a flight, but when I restart P3D abd select them, everything is OK??

Help appreciated

Regards

John

I did dial back a couple of things on the scenery and graphics settings, but I'm not sure what does what there. nAd it didn't make any difference. I do have a fairly good system and it all worked fine before. Then after  a while itstarted doing this again.

It has happened before. Last time, about three months ago, I got fed up and uninstalled everything. Re formatted the drive, I have P3D on its' own drive, and re installed everything piece by piece, checking after each went on, that it was going OK.

I got everything back on and it has been running great foe a couple of months.

So, why should it start doing this again? After going fine for that time?

I notice that FTX Central 3 has changed some of the levels in the library, and some things like Global and Global Vectors don't appear any more. Also my OZX scenery does not appear.

Is FTX Central 3 supposed to add these sceneries in the correct order? Because, if so, I don't think it does.

John

the fact that this is happening late into the flight would seem to indicate a heat or memory problem building up over time.  But frankly, instead of manipulating the library, the simplest solution is to save and exit after an hour or so and take a break before resuming the flight.

Archived