Autogen gone mad - can I fix it?

MarkH

I have a new installation with FSX/SE. I installed PNW, Global Base and a few airports via OrbxDirect. It all worked fine.

Then I attempted to install FTX Australia by installing the SP3 DVD, SP3.01 update and probably four SP4 updates in sequence. This hasn't worked so well and gave a bunch of errors I won't go into here unless I need to. When it was all done, Australia kind of worked, with some anomalies, so I went ahead and installed OZx 3.0 to 3.4.

BUT

Now I have two different FTX Central 1.0 icons in addition to FTX Central 3. I have not clicked the 'unified landclass migration' option in FTX Central 3. FTX Central 1 allows me to choose between Oceana and Global. I have selected Global. Now, I see wildly inappropriate autogen placement, including trees and houses on default airports, autogen in the water and flying houses. I am also seeing inappropriate landclass placement in what should be PNW and also in at least some default areas. I say 'some' because flying around EO49 (Global free airport) everything looks correct, but when I fly from here to Frankfurt, which is nearby, I see all the above anomalies. The anomalies are obvious because I am able comparing a working installation (my forward view) with the broken one (my side views).

SO

Is there something I can do to fix this? I don't understand the technicalities of how the scenery works, I just want to restore it to working. I don't mind deleting Australia for now.

Thanks. (I hope!)

Firstly (and others may add to this)  you can delete the older FtX Central icons.  Just use FTXC3.

Then run the unified lookup migration.

After that you should be well on your way to solving the errors.

If you still have problems in Australia you can uninstall from FTXC3 and the install again.  That will ensure a clean up to date install.  Also, if you have Vector, use the last tab in the configuration tool to tick that you have AU installed.

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

Then run the unified lookup migration.

Okay, I will hold my breath and hit the 'migration' button! I don't think FTX Central will let me do any install of AU because it's on DVD.

1 hour ago, MarkH said:

Okay, I will hold my breath and hit the 'migration' button!

Well the migration worked, according to the troubleshooter tool, but it hasn't helped. I still have flying houses and trees and buildings in the rivers and on the airports :(

Maybe I'm just going to need to start from scratch.

Archived