Orbx Global, FTX UK and other airports

darem

Here's a question I am carrying with me before I reinstall FTX UK:

I have a lot of UK2000 Airports. As I know that FTX UK is rather heavy on FPS, I'd like to fly into them with heavy metal just activating them and NOT activating FTX UK, only using Global and Vector and LC Europe.

1) Is it ok and won't it break Things if I deactivate UK and the Orbx Airports for flying into UK2000 Airports?

2) what about Vector? Will there be elevation Problems if I use Vector once with and the other time without UK?

FYI, I am using Simstarter NG and it makes Things like this easy - but I am not sure if I am or am not breaking Things by deactivating stuff in the scenery.cfg...

There are several responses to this question I believe in the Compatibility forum. You will need to temporarily remove all the FTX_ENG files you find in Scenery\world\scenery as well as deactivating the FTX ENG scenery folders in the scenery library ( via your ENG Profile in Simstarter like I do)

If you don't remove the files in scenery\world\scenery you may well have elevation issues at some of the airports. By the way I have tried what you intend to do and generally there is not that much of a performance improvement especially around the Heathrow & Gatwick areas.

Hm. Thanks for your Input. I'll try what you suggested, and I will search the Forum. But if you say there isn't that much of an improvement, I will probably just deactivate the UK when I don't fly there to reduce loading times...

Using SimStarter NG I have a profile for just the UK inc Ireland, and one for Europe where the UK FTX addons plus Open LC Europe and Vector are enabled in case I want to fly cross channel. In my UK profile I have EU OLC and Vector disabled as they are not required.

Archived