Strange "block" terrain/water in AU

molleh

I have recently finished a full reinstall of P3D v3 including FTX Central v3 and all of my OrbX stuff:

Global Base

Global Vector

OpenLC EU

OpenLC NA

All NA regions

AU

Everything is working perfectly EXCEPT for some areas around AU. Some of the areas in the northeast for example have a lot of these random rectangles that appear as water:

Mf1IiZv.jpg

45kjEaj.jpg

4RjlYmp.jpg

As mentioned, all other regions and areas of the sim look perfect. I thought Vector might be related, but disabling it made no difference. MigrationTroubleshooter.exe reports the following invalid files, but I have no idea if these are actually related or not:

--------------------
Invalid files:
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SG-56_BRI.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SI55_CAN.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Railroads_S20-28_W.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SF-SG-53.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU18_CUSTOM\Scenery\500_LC_8637_Cooktown.bgl
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\Scenery\CVX_Orbx_Australia_Hydro_SG-56_BRI.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\Scenery\CVX_Orbx_Australia_Hydro_SH-56_ARM.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU48_CUSTOM\Scenery\300_Melbourne_Poly.BGL

Thanks for looking.

I just got done reinstalling AU using the manual download zip from orbxdirect.com. Before reinstalling I verified all FTX_AU files were deleted from my P3D\OrbX folder. Upon reinstallation using the manually downloaded zip file, MigrationTroubleshooter.exe reports the exact same 8 files with the MD5 checksum hash mismatch. This would seem to indicate that these files' checksums are either wrong in the MigrationTroubleshooter's list, OR these 8 files coming from OrbxDirect (either directly through FTX Central 3 or manual download zip) are bad.

Some in-depth searching found it's related to P3D's issue of seasonally changing water surfaces. The fix provided fixes some water bodies but seems to miss some (such as around Alice Springs.) Hopefully OrbX can provide a full fix for this, like the "frozen water in winter" options found in the NA regions:

18 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Just to confirm, do you have the frozen water feature unchecked and Australia compatibility feature checked in your Vector control panel?

Correct, the frozen water feature in Vector is disabled and the "I have FTX Australia installed" box is checked.

Archived