Prepar3D - WOW !!!! - Advice on Hotfixes 1/2 Please

Plugger69

Hi Guys,

After several posts over the last few days, I bit the bullet and completely got rid of FSX from my PC and today have successfully downloaded and installed Prepar3D, along with FTX Global Base. I maxed out all my settings in this new PC and this game and its graphics are just the absolute Shizz ! and I still dont have Vector or any REX products installed yet.

Quick question for anyone that has Prepar3D. As I downloaded direct from Lockheed Martins website, I was not sure what version I downloaded but all I know is that it is Prepar3D v3. I notice that there are some hotfixes out as in 3.4 Hotfix 1 and 3.4 Hotfix 2. 

I assume that I only have the base version that I just downloaded today and need to download and update Hotfix 1 then followed by Hotfix 2 is this correct or am I not reading this right ?

This is from the Lockheed MArtin website:

Prepar3D v3.4 – Release Notes

The Client installer is required for Prepar3D v3.4, however the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v3 installed to utilize the Client only installer. To install the Prepar3D v3.4 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v3 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. The Prepar3D v3.4 Client update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v3 Download and Installation Directions.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris - BIG welcome!!!!

Check to see what your version is (P3D/Help top menu). I think the latest (including all the latest Hotfixes) is 3.4.18.19475. If you have that, then you're all set.

If you're not yet that familiar with P3D, you'll find they did an excellent thing: split the sim into three parts: Client, Content and Scenery. So ... to do any updates (like Hotfixes) you only need to download and install the CLIENT. I think the Hotfixes are inclusive.

Plenty of FSX vs P3D topics here on ORBX, so I won't repeat anything - other than *you'll enjoy it*!

Adam.

Archived