Are all my FSX ORBX install files compatable with P3D?

FlyBob

Hi

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere, so any help greatly appreciated.

I have just (finally) given up on FSX & FSX-SE and installed P3D.  I have an extensive list of ORBX products including all the Global range and most of the scenery areas.  In October this year, when trying to setup a new FSX-SE install, I downloaded a fresh set of install masters from ORBX.  My question is, can I use these installers to load all my ORBX products to P3D, or do I need a different set of downloads?  (I have virtually nil bandwidth at home, so have to sit at work for hours to do this stuff, so really hoping for a favourable answer!!!!).

Thanks.

Oh, I appear to be shouting in the dark.  Have I posted my initial question in the correct section of the forums?  I had hoped for an official reply.  I realise that's it's the holiday season, but I note replies being given on other posts.  Is there something else I need to do to get a reply to what I think is a valid and straightforward question?   

If you downloaded the triple installers back in October you should be okay using your FSS downloads for now. I did find that I had to re download NZ as they wouldn't migrate correctly. When you start a ORBX install you should have the dark blue installers and they will ask you what sim you want to install to. If they are the old installers you wont have that option for P3D v3. I don't know why nobody at ORBX would chime in here.

Thanks for the reply FreeBird.  I shall take the old fashioned approach and just give it a try!  Although I now see there is a new FTX Central, so I better get my head around that as well.  Blimey, too much to keep learning!

Archived