flight1 UTX Europe v horizone VFR photographic scenery

Dadtom65

Hi all, Living in England I use Horizone's VFR scenery when flying in the UK. Nice scenery but a bit flat if you get my meaning. Am thinking of trying Flight1's Europe scenery. How many use this scenery and what do you think of it. Have been thinking of buying the new Holland scenery from NL2000 when it comes out, plus all so france VFR scenery which looks very good and the the Germany N, S, E, and W, not all at once though. Going the Flight1 route would be cheaper I guess. love the Ozzy scenery, wish you could start on old blighty soon. cheers.     

I use both Horizon and UTX Europe.  The reason being that Horizon is extremely realistic in colours and where else apart from Google can you find your own house? But is still a little unfinished and UTX helps to fill some of the gaps.  For example, UTX repairs the Severn Bridges nicely whereas since the new water masks Horizons bridges do tend to end in the water or aren't there at all.

Also, of course you're right until GEX or FTX gets to Europe, UTX does improve Europe as a whole and, indeed, in my opinion does a better job of night lighting than Horizon.

I think there are others but I've already convinced myself!

If only I could get MTX to work on my new system I could be a very happy bunny! ;D

John

Archived