Is there a fix for the Trees on Runways and Aprons yet?

mattsta

I've installed a 3rd party tool called Lumberjack (Great name!) but it hasn't fixed the issue for saved flights in FSX

Is there a fix yet for this issue. I haven't found any solutions despite quite a bit of time searching online.

I have trees on aircraft parking areas and taxiways at Bozeman, MT. I only installed FSX Global Trees yesterday so I don't know how widespread this problem is.

My understanding is ORBX uses accurate airport placement data for their products. Unfortunately not all the default FSX airports are in the correct spot. So the result is hundreds of airports can be out in the "sticks" causing the tree/bush problem. How they can fix this I don't know besides correcting the individual airports.

Lumberjack only removes trees AROUND the airports so it isn't much use.

Hi guys,

So the result is hundreds of airports can be out in the "sticks" causing the tree/bush problem. How they can fix this I don't know besides correcting the individual airports.

Sorry, but that's wrong: none of our airports should have trees growing out of hardened surfaces provided they are installed correctly and there are no conflicts with third-party add-ons for the same airport. If you do have autogen encroachment issues at particular airports I'd suggest using the forums search function (with the airport's ICAO or name) to check whether this topic has been discussed before. Also, check that you don't have third-party airport files active (especially at higher display priority) and that the FTX and openLC (if used) entries are in the correct location in your scenery library menu.

If none of the above helps then post representative screenshots because verbal descriptions of problems can often be misleading. Also, you can further help with the diagnosis by running a Windows search of your entire FSX/P3D folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KBZN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths so we can help you tease out the incompatible file(s).

TreesHD is strictly a texture replacement product and doesn't affect the placement of autogen trees at all.

Cheers, Holger

30 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

Sorry, but that's wrong: none of our airports should have trees growing out of hardened surfaces provided they are installed correctly and there are no conflicts with third-party add-ons for the same airport. If you do have autogen encroachment issues at particular airports I'd suggest using the forums search function (with the airport's ICAO or name) to check whether this topic has been discussed before. Also, check that you don't have third-party airport files active (especially at higher display priority) and that the FTX and openLC (if used) entries are in the correct location in your scenery library menu.

If none of the above helps then post representative screenshots because verbal descriptions of problems can often be misleading. Also, you can further help with the diagnosis by running a Windows search of your entire FSX/P3D folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KBZN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths so we can help you tease out the incompatible file(s).

TreesHD is strictly a texture replacement product and doesn't affect the placement of autogen trees at all.

Cheers, Holger

Hmm, Well I spent quite a bit of money on FSX Global, FSX Vector, FSX OLC US and FSX OLC EU and Jackson Hole airport in the last 48 hours, so I'm not very reassured by your answer to my question. I didn't have this problem with the standard FSX 10 software so something is amiss here isn't it? The airport in question here is Bozeman, Gallatin MT, but I gather this is a problem at several airports, not just this one. I don't have any other 3rd Party software installed on my system. Everything is ORBX apart from the pre-mentioned Lumberjack which hasn't resolved the issue on the particular saved flight that raised this issue.

2016-12-14_20-15-47-550.jpg

2016-12-14_20-16-3-417.jpg

I think Holger misread my post...I said default FSX airports, not ORBX airports which I don't have problems with. It's the default FSX airports where the tree/bush issue is. I think there's been enough posts from lots of folks to back my claim. The only solution I've seen is individual airport .BGL fixes from Neil.

Mattsta, contact Neil and ask him for a fix. He made one for me for Laughlin Airport that had trees on the tarmac.

I have 2 computers. One with ONLY Global products (Base, Vector, openLC NA, openLC EU, TreesHD, and 15 Global airports).  I have NO problem with ANY of the GLOBAL airports. The problem is with the remaining default FSX airports.

The other computer is ONLY Regional products, to which I don't have tree/bush issues.

Archived