ORBX OpenLC to secondary drive?

DanielG

Hello friends,

Had 30Gigs left on my SSD --> went to install OpenLC EU --> Got to 80% and download/install failed, at the same time I noticed my SSD capacity continuously plummet to as little as 100KB. Not sure why this happened, after quitting the install and restarting the computer it went back up to only 5Gigs.

Q1. Why did so much space get deleted?

Q2. I ended up simply designated my secondary HDD as the download point for the OpenLC EU and it installed there and seemed to work in FSX despite no junction links and etc, however, REX4 texture injections don't seem to work. Is there anything that I did terribly wrong? Should I delete all ORBX Global files and OpenLC and reinstall? or should I man up and learn how to install a larger SSD?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Thank you, Dan

What drives are you talking about? Is your sim on C drive with your OS or on another drive. Either way it would appear you are very short of space on whatever drive you initially downloaded the addon to.

Due to the limited info regarding drive(s) capacity and space left it is difficult to answer you.

The ideal situation recommended is:

SSD of 500MB or above solely for the Sim. Personally i have 1TB and it is currently holding 400+ GB of sim and sim related addons.

A small capacity preferably SSD for your C drive with the OS on it. I currently have a 250GB with 173 GB free space. This allows me plenty of room to download to C drive any addon temporarily.

A cheap as you can find HDD for storage.

The more you keep off your C drive the better.I don't know if you play other games but i for example have Steam on another drive (HDD) rather than C drive and have no problems.

Archived