KBLU Package Crash Detection and Sinking Plane Issues

GolfGuy72

Here's a screenshot of a problem I'm having at CA21 Limberlost Ranch, part of the KBLU Blue Canyon-Nyack package. I took this right after loading the plane to the active runway. If I push forward a bit, the movement underground results in a crash. I have it installed with NA Norther California. No other mesh or scenery product is installed in the area. I've also noticed that with crash detection enabled, my plane crashes immediately upon loading on the runway at KBLU, and has similar issues at Gansner. This is the first of many Orbx airports I've purchased that have caused this kind of trouble. Hoping you can help!

Also, I don't know what my order number is through Orbx direct, and didn't think I should post a transaction ID. It doesn't look like the posting procedures have been updated yet - please let me know if you need further information to verify that I own this airport package and I'll provide it.

Thanks in advance for your help, and for your great scenery products!

20161208092326_1.jpg

Thanks, Doogles. My mesh resolution setting was set to 5m per the manual. I also had done a search of the forums previously, and just did a second look-through now, and unfortunately can't find anything immediately applicable. It looks like some of the issues people have had are resolved by changing settings in FTX Global, but I don't have anything other than Orbx regions installed and can't find similar settings for mesh within FTX Central 3. I've also verified that all of my Orbx airports are installed above the Orbx regions in the Scenery Library.

Thanks again for your reply, Doogles. Hoping you or someone else on the forum might be able to point me (and fmoryn7e7, too!) in the right direction yet. Happy Holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Canyon in P3D: planes crash before touchdown. Cannot load planes at startup in Blue Canyon; immediate crash. Had to de-activate the airport in Scenery Library.

However, Gansner seems to be o.k. KBLU seems to be the only airport not working out of 20+ ORBX airports in my system.

Bought the airport today via FTX Central; thus no order number.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Rüdiger

5 minutes ago, FlyRudy said:

Blue Canyon in P3D: planes crash before touchdown. Cannot load planes at startup in Blue Canyon; immediate crash. Had to de-activate the airport in Scenery Library.

However, Gansner seems to be o.k. KBLU seems to be the only airport not working out of 20+ ORBX airports in my system.

Bought the airport today via FTX Central; thus no order number.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Rüdiger

Doesnt turning off crash detection make more sense then deactivating the whole airport? :)

On 2016-12-16 at 10:05 AM, GolfGuy72 said:

Thanks, Doogles. My mesh resolution setting was set to 5m per the manual. I also had done a search of the forums previously, and just did a second look-through now, and unfortunately can't find anything immediately applicable. It looks like some of the issues people have had are resolved by changing settings in FTX Global, but I don't have anything other than Orbx regions installed and can't find similar settings for mesh within FTX Central 3. I've also verified that all of my Orbx airports are installed above the Orbx regions in the Scenery Library.

Thanks again for your reply, Doogles. Hoping you or someone else on the forum might be able to point me (and fmoryn7e7, too!) in the right direction yet. Happy Holidays!

What happens if you go to the ingame scenery library while your aircraft is loaded at the airport and close it, essentially just doing a scenery reset, does it make any difference?

Doogles,

Your quick fix (turn off crash detection) works, but it somehow defeats the purpose of spending money to have a more realistic flight experience.

Meanwhile I have narrowed the problem down a bit: when I turn off all "miscellaneous airport feature settings" at KBLU, at least it will load the airplane and put it on the runway. When accelerating for take off (in either direction), it will crash without any visible reason just before I reach the middle of the runway (where the buildings are).

Since I will be traveling for the next days, I won't be able to do further research on this.

6 hours ago, FlyRudy said:

Your quick fix (turn off crash detection) works, but it somehow defeats the purpose of spending money to have a more realistic flight experience.

I am no expert on crash boxes in the flight simulator, but my guess is that in order to improve the visual realism of these locations with mass amounts of added detail and objects, the crash box obstacle makes it very challenging for the developer to work with. IMO there is nothing realistic about the flight simulators crash detection, this is why I think a very small percentage of flight simmers have it turned on, I think most flight simmers know when they have crashed. and prefer the more realistic features that are incorporated into various addon aircraft such as A2A, RealAir, etc. that way you are in control of your flight sim time and not handing it over to a silly nanny program. :) That being said, I have seen cases of the developers putting effort into fixing some of these crash box issues with updates.

Cheers

Doug

On 12/29/2016 at 4:14 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

What happens if you go to the ingame scenery library while your aircraft is loaded at the airport and close it, essentially just doing a scenery reset, does it make any difference?

Hi Doug,

I tried doing this, even disabling and re-enabling the scenery while the flight was loaded. The end result was the same sunken airplane issue. I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this! It would be great to hear from an Orbx developer on this, as well. If you have any additional ideas, please let me know.

Thank again, Doug, and have a great night!

• 7 months later...

FSX Steam Edition

FTX Central latest

Win 10 64 bit

KBLU BCN

ORbX US Scenery (all of it)

FS Genesis (does not give problem with any other airfield - wouldnt I SEE me hitting the ground if there was a conflict?)

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Had it for months, just decided to post about it but see it already here.

First noticed it during a perfect landing with A2A Mustang....as soon as touched the runway = CRASH!

I thought what? No problem with airport elevation as looked great. Repeated twice from reload then decided to

just load aircraft straight at parking spot. From memory I believed this worked but as soon as I moved the plane one inch = CRASH!

So i thought I'd load the plane to the runway.. CRASH!

Some airfields have had similar problems which have been fixed by uninstalling and re-installing again. Not KBLU.

The other strips in the pack are fine, I make a point of landing on every Orbx strip I own (which is all but 2 world-wide) and this

is currently the only strip with problem as described by OP above,

If you wish I can make a video of me landing there with Xsplit and share from YouTube. 

Regards

Russ

Of course I love my OrbX - I own almost all of it would love to be able to use this strip!

PS I had a 'crashbox' problem with another devs KDAB. Plane always crashed during approach with crash detection on. I Posted video of incident and devs found and fixed the issue.

Archived