Central V2 says OpenLC Europe is not installed but I paid for it and installed it

Engwerda 31300

have been away from FSX for a while but now I notice that in FTX Central V2 it says the OpenLC Europe is not installed. What? I paid for it and installed it - is it possible that it is installed but Central V2 does not pick it up? How can I tell if it is there or not? It does not show up in installed products in Central V2 either. I do not want to reinstall if it is there already.

Global OpenLC Europe

Order Number: FSS0307424

Gerry

Look for a series of entries like this in your scenery.cfg file (ignore the Area xxx and Layer xxx numbers). If the entries are there, it's installed. If they are missing, it's not.

Doug

[Area.138]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE9
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU9
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=138

[Area.139]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE8
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=139

[Area.140]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE7
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU7
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=140

[Area.141]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE6
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU6
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=141

[Area.142]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE5
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU5
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=142

[Area.143]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE4
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=143

[Area.144]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE3
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU3
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=144

[Area.145]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE2
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU2
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=145

[Area.146]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU10
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=146

[Area.147]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=147

Doug,

Thank you - very useful and no, it is not there. All entries finish at 120 and none of them mention OpenLC Europe. I hope I still have the original download somewhere so I can reinstall it.

many thanks,

Gerry

ps - Just checked the Scenery Library in FSX and OpenLC Europe is clearly there. What is going on?

So if I do all of that and go to Version 3 of FTX Central OpenLC Europe will show up as installed? Or is it installed already and V2 just simply is not aware of it? I would like to keep this simple and as things as working OK at the moment (Central V2) excepted) I would rather not change anything unless I have to.

Gerry

14 hours ago, Engwerda 31300 said:

Doug,

Thank you - very useful and no, it is not there. All entries finish at 120 and none of them mention OpenLC Europe. I hope I still have the original download somewhere so I can reinstall it.

many thanks,

Gerry

ps - Just checked the Scenery Library in FSX and OpenLC Europe is clearly there. What is going on?

Strange. I don't know why that is so but I'd delete the Scenery Library entries and reinstall it. Then check to be sure it shows both in the .cfg file and the library.

Archived