Inland Water Textures - Global Basic?

Ariel

I've got a strange problem with inland water (lakes/rivers) textures not working properly, which seems to be restricted to New England (!).  Roughly Boston across to the Hamptons is where I have it.  Lakes will have missing textures, leaving black patches.  See the pictures attached to see the effect.  If I get really close to one, it will reluctantly fill in with the water texture, which then goes black again as I fly away.  The black areas seem to have a contiguous straght edge across lakes, if that means anything.

This is on P3D 3.4.9, but it was the same in my previous FTX  installation.  In this area I have only Global Basic and Vector over the default sim scenery.  It strikes me as I write that I may have some faulty textures in the files I originally downloaded, I suppose.  That would be a pain as the new Central download speed still seem pretty bad.  The fact that the missing bits do show when quite close puzzles me.

Any ideas, or will i have to try that?

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this issue and mine is on a clean install of P3D with only ORBX products installed so far.  No additional addons as of this moment.  I also had this on my previous build 3.3.  I am on the current latest and greatest P3D v3.4 release but as stated I had seen this in my previous install.  Not sure what the cause of it is but as I said I have nothing installed at the moment but ORBX.

Archived