FTX Gobal and Individual Regions

kohara

Hi all,

I am new to ORBX and all of their products. I find it very confusing as to what you need to purchase, in otherwords, what is included.

Can someone explain the following?

If I purchase FTX Global, FTX NA LC and FTX vectors does this come with all of the NA regions like "Central Rockies", "Northern Rockies", etc, or do I need to purchase these separately? Or conversely, can you only purchase a region to get LC and Vectors for that area are included?

I've search the forums and cannot find any info on what the "product" contains but no luck. If sure it's buried in there somewhere but I would appreciate if someone could explain the above.

Thanks for your time

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

The Global products are a standalone line, that do not include any of the regions. 

Regions are smaller and more detailed. Along with including higher quality vector and landclass data they also include enhanced airports, POI's, areas of photoreal terrain, and a greater variety of localized ground textures. 

38 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Kelvin,

The Global products are a standalone line, that do not include any of the regions. 

Regions are smaller and more detailed. Along with including higher quality vector and landclass data they also include enhanced airports, POI's, areas of photoreal terrain, and a greater variety of localized ground textures. 

Hey Alex

Why is there no longer a product definitive guide for new customers to read?

Cheers

Doug

Kelvin,

I will add to what Alex explained. 

Originally, there were only FTX Regions.  Those were complete, self-contained products, sometimes called 'full-fat' regions here on these forums.  All the textures, all the landclass assignments, all the vector data (shorelines, roads, etc.) and even improved FTX airports using ORBX object model libraries, all of this collectively gets pre-packaged in there for that whole region, along with a lot of hand-made photo real, and hand-placed objects.  It's freaking awesome, but the goodness is limited to the boundaries of those regions.

So the idea of Global, and then Vector, and later the Open LC products, is to give us 'most' of this FTX region goodness worldwide, sans frontiers.  Not all of it, since it won't have hand-placed anything, or custom modelled objects, but is still about 2/3 of the effect that would get from any FTX region.  Definitely worth it.

Now if you fly purely INSIDE FTX regions, you really don't need Global/Vector/OpenLC.  But most of us venture out from time to time and those that do find it worthwhile.

The airports that ORBX sells are either FTX airports (meaning you need the corresponding FTX region for it to work right) or Global airports (meaning you should have FTX Global installed).

If you do go for the Global/Vector/OpenLC trifecta, you won't regret it.  But make sure you get a proper mesh product.

Mark

I agree with Ripcord in that you cannot go wrong with the trifecta of Global/Vector/OpenLC. I have them and can attest to the fact that they massively change the flight sim experience. I do however have a question in regards to Mesh products. I am currently running the trifecta with the addition of FS Global 2010. Is that a decent mesh product compatible with ORBX products or are the other alternatives that would be better? I have not had any issues whatsoever with Global 2010, just wondering from you guys if there is a superior product to this or should I just stick with what I have already purchased and installed in the Mesh department. Oh btw I'm running FSX Steam edition right now, have original non-steam version as well. Thinking about adding P3D down the road, have not decided just yet. Thanks all...

Archived