My Scenery Files are a Dogs breakfast and now OOM

Striker

Firstly, I would extend my congratulation for refining the purchase, installation and updating of FTX Orbx files. It now is a much less stressful way of keeping on top. Now to my problem.....  Having taken advantage of the ORBX sale, I now have several more airports that in reality I will probably visit once a year (South Hampton and Sumburgh) I still have not visited Southern California or Alaska since their release but hey, the scenery is just too good to miss.

As mentioned I purchased EGHI and EGPB and now am suffering from the dreaded OOM VAS affliction, until now avoided by my Prepar3d v3.4 setup. I fly Orbx UK, Scotland, Norway this time of year to take advantage of the snow coverage over these countries. I also have UK2000 scenery for the UK/Scotland and Aerosoft Airports for Norway, as well as AoN. Until Now, I could leave UK2000 EGSS Stansted, EGPH Endinburgh or EGCC Manchester and fly the 737 NGX to Aerosoft ENBR Bergen, ENTC Tromso or ENGM Norway or go west in the B777 to FSDT JFK New York WITHOUT having to make any changes to settings or scenery. NOW, after 60 mins flight the OOM halts my flight. I have tried to deselect/select scenery areas using the scenery configurator tool, hoping to decrease VAS use but this has been unsuccessful.

I have a pretty high end machine - i7 4790K @4.4, 20 gig ram(I know this doesn't affect VAS) and a GTX 960 card.

My question primarily is - do you have a tool available to check my FTX ORBX installation to at least, eliminate those as causing any memory bleed or problems OR have you any ideas what might be causing my OOM problems now, after installing the most recent FTX Orbx purchases, when nothing else has been added or changed to my system.

Any help would be grateful,

Steve

20 hours ago, Doogles said:

Did you uncheck your newly purchased  EGHI and EGPB in your scenery library and do some 60min flights to confirm that they really are the straw that broke the camels back?

Doogles, yeah and EGPH, EGSS AND EGLL(UK2000) and leaving from EGCC. The problem I'm now finding by unchecking areas is that you'll be flying along and you get a system crash because P3D is trying to find the scenery files enroute that have inadvertently been 'parked'. Judging from the amount of forum activity on other sites P3Dv3.4 seems to be causing a lot of OOM and VAS problems.

Thanks for the reply though

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived