Total Desert Over all Orbx Regions and LC

Mithras

Just noticed in England, rest of Europe and NA desert out on the horizon. When I pull back, I see this ... South America is fine. 

2016-11-17_18-33-10-614_zpsvfufjytm.png

I've run the FTX Configurator exe and the FTX LC Configurator exem with no luck. It may have happened after I reinstalled Australia, I can't be sure. When I untick Australia in my FSX scenery list, there is no change.

Hi Paul,

nothing wrong with your setup, it's the same for everybody.

What you've noticed aren't deserts but rather the "infamous" default sand-colored winter landclass textures for mid latitudes. Beyond the radius of high-detail landclass, as determined by the Level of Detail slider in the display settings menu, both FSX and P3D load crude maps of the globe, namely the "image_globe_{..}.bgl" files located in \Scenery\World\Scenery (see screenshots of winter vs. summer of one of those files below). Their seasonal coloring is meant to match the coloring of the default landclass textures, hence the stark contrast to the Orbx replacement textures during some months. Fortunately, in most flight situations, flight level and/or weather conditions hide the sharp edge between the detailed landclass and the "painting" in the background. 

Cheers, Holger

FSX default image_globe_00 - november.jpg

FSX default image_globe_00 - august.jpg

Archived