Duplicate Runway's at YBHM

ba43

I did a flight today from YBCS to YBHM and really enjoyed this trip. The scenery is incredible. I really like the way the rivers are shown and how they deposit silt into the ocean. Very realistic. The Whitsunday area is pretty spectacular. Lord Hamilton Island looked great as I approached from the North and there was a cruise ship departing up the channel.

As I came in on final from the South to Rwy 32, I noticed two sets of numbers at the threshold. There was a tarmac that looked grey and asphalt like with similar markings as the others I've seen so far in FSX. But there was another set of taxiways and tarmac that had a reddish tint to it and distinct markings. I'm assuming the red tinted one is what FTX has for YBHM?? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only scenery I have installed in FSX Gold for Australia is the DVD of FTX and it's SP3. It's been patched with the latest service pack (SP3.001 and SP3.001b)

At the time I did the flight, I had NOT deselected the FSX default Australia in my scenery library. Do I need to do this to get FTX to display properly??

Thanks for you help,

Brad

Archived