NZ regions : bad migration and midair crashes related ?

dominique

FTX C3  does a bad migration of the NZ region for some users. The same autogen annotation file has messed it up in Archie's and my setups.  

I wonder whether this missing 063b2an1.agn is not also the cause of the aggravating midair crashes in the two regions we have in P3D since their conversion.

Just a thought...

Hi Dominique,

that .agn file does nothing else but place a few oil tanks and sheds on the refinery landclass texture; it appears to get accidentally deleted in the migration process and I've alerted Eugene and Ed to look into that. In the meantime I've attached the file so you can drop copies into both the NZSI and NZNI "{...}_08_CUSTOM\texture" folders.

Not sure what "midair crashes" you're referring to. There were some reports about crashes into invisible objects when crash detection was set to active but that's obviously not related as the absence of an .agn file means that there are fewer objects than expected. Besides, those crashes seem located above forested areas not refineries.

Cheers, Holger

NZNI-NZSI_063b2an1.zip

Thank you, Holger, appreciated ! Excellent service as always.

Thanks also for the clarification.  The OrbX team said several times that these NZ midair crashes couldn't be troubleshot. So I thought maybe  the sim was upset not to find a file it was expecting and that the migration process had just  underlined this absence. 

Hi there,

the issue is not related to the version of FTX Central but rather the migration process. Thus, whether it's an issue for you or not depends on whether you've completed migration; if yes, you're probably missing those files.

Ed has informed me that the missing files are now included in new installer builds of NZSI and NZNI. Thus, next time you're reinstalling these regions from your OrbxDirect account you won't need to manually re-install the files I posted above.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived