Just about to give up... Please Help

Ok, have done a 2nd full reinstall of P3D with latest hotfix for v3.4, using FTX Central V3, uninstalled each of my ORBX products and downloaded and reinstalled them all (sorry JV...) but every time I set up a scenario and click ok to go and fly P3D does an instantaneous CTD with no error messages at all. When I select a default area to fly from, no problems, starts fine, it only happens in FTX areas. I don't have Global or anything, just my region packs and airports. ORBX Libraries is updated to the latest version before you ask. This is doing my head in.... I just want to fly. Any ideas? Anyone?

It is automatically generated by P3D in case of an issue like that.

Are you addons (weather etc.) patched to the hotfix version ? They have to. Do you have the Objectflow fix too ?

Is it always the same scenario or any scenario ? Does it do it with the default scenario also ? 

There is no error message when it crashes, it just goes straight to desktop, so it is not creating an error log I guess. I have not started AS2016 as it is not patched to the latest P3D hotfix as yet. Happens with any scenario I create (regardless of aircraft, default or add-on) based in ORBX covered areas, it is absolutely fine when starting a scenario in default (non ORBX) covered areas.

Thanks for your assistance by the way!

Will do! Might take me a while, I'll report back when I get a chance. Thanks again for the walk-through!

Oh, and the missing hashes from the troubleshooter were as follows, but I don't know what they mean:

Invalid files:
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU05_ROADS\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_Roads_SG-56_BRI.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU16_SHORES\Scenery\cvx_Orbx_Australia_hydro_SC-SF_55_Cairns.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU18_CUSTOM\Scenery\500_LC_8637_Cooktown.bgl
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\Scenery\CVX_Orbx_Australia_Hydro_SG-56_BRI.BGL
ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU26_SHORES\Scenery\CVX_Orbx_Australia_Hydro_SH-56_ARM.BGL

The screenshot was a liltle small and blurry on my side, I didn't see the reference to the hashes (not sure I understand the word hashes BTW, it has unrelated meanings for me in English but it isn't my first language...). After putting my nose on the screen , I see it !

FTX C3 botches the migration for some. It has done so to my Wales and NZ .  It has done that to Global for some (see the French forum).

I was advised by OrbX to do a forced remigration.

For that delete all the .migrated files that you will find in each of the FTX_AU\FTXAUxx_YYYYY\, rerun FTXC3 and check with the trouble shooter

BTW what does say the migration_missing txt on your desktop ?

EDIT I would rerun the OrbXLibs too If I were you

It looks like that these files are corrupted, what maybe course the CTD, try to diasable all entries for orbx Australia in scenery.cfg and see if this helps.

when CTD stops, the problem is ORBX Australia that course this trouble, maybe a reinstall of Australia can fix this problem, and run after that trouble shooter again.

good luck.

Ok, some progress. I forced re-migration as dominique suggested, reran the troubleshooter and the only files that refuse to come across are two from NZ. I went into scenery cfg and set the NZ CUSTOM 08 entry to false (this is where the two missing or corrupt files are according to the troubleshooter). Fired P3D up and loaded up a scenario in England and hey presto off she went like a charm. Next step is to uninstall and reinstall NZ and see if the missing/corrupt files update this time. Keep your finger crossed. Thanks for your guidance guys.

Hmmmm.... I just don't get it. I uninstalled and then re-installed both North and South NZ using FTXCv3, took out all the.migrated files, reran FTXCv3, then ran the troubleshooter, it still says :

Files requiring migration:
New Zealand North Island
    ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\texture\063b2an1.agn
New Zealand South Island

The only way to get it to work is to deactivate the NZNI Custom 08 entry in the scenery cfg. This is the 3rd or 4th reinstall of NZ and it just refuses to migrate those files across for some reason.

Hey Dale

That method worked for me for Wales and apparently for your AU but not for the two New Zealand regions that I also did this morning. I've exactly the same problem with

New Zealand North Island
New Zealand South Island

On a parallel line of thoughts, I wonder whether these two autogen annotation files are those creating the aggravating crashes in midair of the NZ regions.

EDIT I made a post on the FTX support forum

have check this morning my computer, and in Central V2 and new zealand north and south both installed

cannot find these files at all, so what also is maybe a try worth , disable those two files, and look what happened

then when firing up P3D.

Still no luck in NZ, all others working as advertised, but NZ looks like a mash up of default textures and FTX, I even tried Holger's terrain.cfg refresh idea but no change. This is really doing my head in! At least no more CTD, so some progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben

Cannot get a screenshot this morning as it now CTD's as soon as I try and load a flight in NZ. Ran the troubleshooter yet again, same files are the culprits.

I will uninstall both NZNI and NZSI yet again and reinstall and report back.

migration_missing.txt

Ok, 6 hours later some success. I had to reinstall p3d completely, then uninstall and reinstall each of the ORBX areas. I did a test flight in each area after and as long as it wasn't from an ORBX airport (CTD each time) all was good. I think that the new FTXCv3 and reinstalling everything will fix the issues, but my Lord, what a pain!

Archived