Latest libraries - older files replacing newer ones?

robmw

I keep a mirror of my flight sim install so that I can check after any updates what changes have been made. I've noticed that quite a few library files (bgls and textures) which were dated quite recently (2015 and 2016) have been replaced with versions from as long ago as 2008/9. In some cases it looks like lower res. textures are replacing newer high res. ones for example. Is it possible some old files have got in to the latest libraries build?

Here's an example: file veg_Chestnut1_SP.dds from scenery\global\texture folder. Left hand image dated 26/02/2012, right hand 07/04/2015. The right hand version is what I had installed before installing the latest libraries for FTXCv3. Other similar differences are for files like the FTXAU library trees.

library-problem.jpg

I don't use any other 3rd party textures apart from clouds, sky and airport textures (FEX, REX) so assume these are Orbx lib objects.

Also, I appear to have lost all the FTX Global NA airports somewhere along the way through the migration. The EU ones are there but not NA. I've tried using FTXC3 to install the latest versions but that doesn't help nor does installing from the zip files downloaded from Orbx Direct. (In fact one of those downloads is always corrupted). I think that the global freeware airports were combined in the last few releases but now appear to be split again?

Archived