I take it all back...I was wrong...

Triplane

I've always been a little skeptical of the plan to go to the "new" ORBX and FTXC3. But now I have say...I was wrong. After trying it, I love it. This thing is better than sliced bread with peanut butter on it served up with a double Jack on the rocks. Whoopie.....Now back to installing all the rest of my "stuff".....Doug

agree..for me the whole transition was 'quick and easy', but I know things can and do go wrong so sympathise with those experiencing hiccups..

btw...checking the new OrbxDirect homepage discovered the 10% discount .. so decided to buy Norway  ..  thank you to the Orbx team !

Thanks for reporting this.  I can see in the end this will be efficient and reduce hassles. The only problem I have personally to struggle with is bandwidth.  So at the current time I will have to go with a hybrid approach and use the new system for any new purchases. Its all about data management. I suspect that this will be just fine.  I can not at this time contemplate doing backups for any reinstalls etc. But I can deal with this down the road.

I'm on fixed income. My account costs depending upon usage. I already pay a premium for high speed on the bandwidth amount.  My system is shared with two other users and my grandkids when they visit.  I already have taken a big hit for last month, its been lousy weather and folks are staying inside more,  my usual monthly allocation normally gets almost used up.  This period I'm already way over and most likely will run over again this period.

This is good news to hear but I will have to transition over time.

BRYAN-PC-2016-nov-4-001a.md.jpg

5 minutes ago, BladderBoy said:

In my opinion Orbx has never given us a reason to be skeptical in the first place.

Agreed, totally reconfigured flight simulation as we know it today. I'm busy as we speak building my parallel P3D, but having to use my older FSS installers at this point as I have tons of them.  Going quite quickly I might add as I don't have to re-enter the install info as its already available from my FSX install.

Archived