KSEZ Sedona Elevation Problem Still

BBQSteve

I know there are other topics on this subject, read them all, but when all else fails, start a new one.

I bought and installed KSEZ some time ago and just now flew there doing the freeware tour starting on the east coast and working my way west. Now at Sedona and VERY upset at the elevation problem STILL there. As I said I have read and followed other offered solutions listed in other threads to no avail.

1. Looked for duplicate or interfering products. The four files listed for the old NA freeware do not exist.

2. Uninstalled, redownloaded and installed new NA freeware Scenery.

3. Uninstalled, redownloaded and installed KSEZ payware.

4. Enabled disabled AEC for KSEZ.

5. Unchecked and checked KSEZ and KSEZ_LC in scenery library.

6. Took out all scenery from library.

I still have either walls outlining airport, runway and taxiways OR the whole airport sits above on hills with caverns surrounding like a negative of the first.

Nothing works. No other airports so far exhibit these results. I am frustrated. Please no repeats of what has previously been discussed on this subject. Need something new to try. obviously.

KSEX Vector files only no AEC

http://imgur.com/a/4QNuY[/img]

Vector and KSEZ

http://imgur.com/a/yXdiv[/img]

Vector and KSEZ_LC

http://imgur.com/a/ZTuV4[/img]

Vector, KSEZ and KSEZ_LC

http://imgur.com/a/Zk7rZ[/img]

Vector, KSEZ, KSEZ_LC and AEC enabled

http://imgur.com/a/FS6aI[/img]

G'day Steve,

Just to re-iterate, the correct configuration in your situation is to have KSEZ, KSEZ_LC & Vector active, and AEC for KSEZ disabled. 

Is it possible there is another non-ORBX APX file floating around somewhere in your simulator setup? Disabling all your non-ORBX scenery entries may not necessarily resolve the issue as sometimes these APX files get installed into default scenery folders. 

1. Take a note of the elevation on the runway - the correct elevation should be 4775ft.

2. Have a search for any Sedona-related files that are not part of our product. Run a search in your simulator folder for "KSEZ", ignoring any of the following results;
- Any file residing in your ORBX folders, as well as
- Westsim_AGN_KSEZ.bgl

- Traffic_KSEZ_Traffic.bgl

- Westsim_Vegetation_KSEZ_01.dds

- Westsim_Sedona_APX_ALT.bgl

Let me know how you go with that. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

1. Altitude = 4779.3 with AEC disabled puts taxiways and runways below ground level, 4779.3 with AEC enabled (puts taxiways and runway above ground)

2. Again no files other than those in:

FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSEZLC

FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSEZ

FTX_Vector\FTX_Vector_APT

FTX_Vector\FTX Vector_AEC

Global\Scenery

World\Scenery

ORBX\Scripts

AEC Disabled    

WTZ1XnJ.jpg

AEC Enabled

h8NArI9.jpg

Thanks Steve, and just to check three other things; 

1. That you definitely have the file present  World\Scenery\Westsim_Sedona_APX_ALT.bgl

2. That KSEZ and KSEZ_LC sit above any other mesh sceneries in your library? 

3. With AEC disabled, exactly what KSEZ-related files turn up when you search in your FTX_Vector\FTX_Vector_APT and  FTX_Vector\FTX Vector_AEC folders? Please include the file extensions/types as this is important. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

1. Yes dated 2/19/2015

2. Yes, as far as I see

3.In APT: ABP_KSEZ.inactive, ABP_KSEZDefault.bgl

in AEC: AEC_KSEZ.inactive

With the FTX C3 install my ORBX files got put to the top so I moved them all back to where I think they should be or were before the install. So I think all are in the proper order.

8 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

With the FTX C3 install my ORBX files got put to the top so I moved them all back to where I think they should be

Could you please try moving KSEZ and KSEZ_LC to the top of your scenery library and see if that resolves your issue? 

Cheers

This has me stumped to be honest. One last roll of the dice; 

1. Go to your Vector APT folder and rename  ABP_KSEZDefault.bgl to  ABP_KSEZDefault.bgl.OFF - if this doesn't fix the issue, revert it back to it's original name. 

2. Try temporarily disabling your vector files (this shouldn't make a difference, but you never know).

3. Confirm that you have a total of 30 files in your FTX_AA_KSEZ/scenery folder - 28x bgl, 1x bgl.off and 1x xml. 

If neither of these yield a result, could you please zip up your scenery.cfg file and attach it below? If you'd prefer to keep it private, feel free to PM the attachment to me instead. Are you running FSX:SE or FSX? 

Also, is this the only airport (including default airports) that you are having problems with? I ask, as this may be related to your other comments in another support topic. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Problem solved for now. Here is the kicker, remember I and many others have said FTX Central V3 reorders your files? Well it also places them impropery. My Vector files were at the top above Tongass Fjord files but below 3rd party scenery. Central needs some work and should not change the order without permission before hand. Also, a new document for settings needs to be written explaining how to properly setup central to work properly as a default. Not saying it wasn't my error in not seeing where Vector was located in the library, but I don't have my 525 scenery file order memorized.

In addition, I have 31 files in FTX_AA_KSEZ 30 .bgl or .off and one .xml file according to windows explorer.

Thanks for your coaching mate!  :D

And the scenery. Now taking a look to see what I missed last time here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, there's something you should add to either the installer or the control panel, and that is to check if is installed or not the Golbal freeware package. Just found out that the KSEZ files of the freeware package were the culprits of the airport being sunk into the mountain. Deactivating those files (three bgl's) solved my problem (even if I have missing the ALT bgl in scenery/world/scenery folder)

David

Archived