Elvis.............has entered the building

Ryan Mason

Here are some pre beta developments shots of the new S-64 sky crane, some of you may have seen the very early alpha development shots.  Coming to a retailer near you shortly.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, the famous Victorian (well, on loan each summer from the US) Elvis is one of the paints ready to rock, this will be an awesome helo when complete, more photo's during beta testing as long as its ok with JV.

Thanks for the heads up on this one, it looks an awesome beastie! Just a thought - I'm really getting into Helos, they are difficult to hover & control aren't they? - but I'll get there! In your opinion, which is the "best" payware helo to purchase? I'm looking at the Cera Bell 412 or the Nemeth EC-135. I'm not going down the Alphasim route for reasons discussed previously. Just like an opinion. I've practised the FSX missions - lots more to do! Cheers, Malcolm.

Malcolm, I think everyone can attest, I am the last person in the world to hop onto those flying death traps (my sig, for a long time read: "Helicopters - A Fuel Leak Circling Metal Fatigue", HOWEVER, I did the unthinkable, and with a bit of a push from Ryan's posts, I got the Cerasim Bell412, and WOW, what have I been missing, I just love her, and with Jeansy's amazing aussie repaints, she is a must have IMHO.

Just my 2 cents.  ;)

Fantastic....    I can remember when they were based at the Australian Aviation Museum years ago.   

Our lunchroom become there "On standby" room.

At one point we had four based at the Museum.    They are HUGE !!!    LOL 

One for the Flightsim, can't wait.

;D

Mal,

depends what you want mate, for ease of fligth for a beginner and a real startup go for the cera 412 or ND huey or AS332, for absoloute realism (and I mean as real as you can get it, go the dodosim 206, I could go on abou the pro's and cons for a long time but thats it in a nutshell until Elvis arrives.

Thanks guys, didn't mean to "hijack" this thread at all. Advice much appreciated, going to look at the Dodo, but the Cera Bell VC looks awesome - may be better for me. The detail on "Elvis" is just stunning - I'll have to get practising!

Got the Dodo last Saturday.

I have to say its totally amazing piece of work. If you want it easy and work your way up it has 5 in build Level of realism.

I went in and will keep it at the "most real" setting =lvl 5.

Ive spent hours crashing and the first time I landed it i was off my seat "Ive done it" landed no where close to where i meant to lol. Its coming alone now but it takes flying to a new level.

Dale is right there death traps but we can get away with that in fsx:), good job my death count in the Dodo is countless.

Archived