Germany North Download doesn't complete

Blaunarwal

---------------------------

If you are continuously seeing this "retry download" message for a single product, please take a screenshot of this message and post if on the forum: System.Net.WebException: Ausnahmefehler während einer WebClient-Anforderung. ---> System.IO.IOException: Von der Übertragungsverbindung können keine Daten gelesen werden: Die Verbindung wurde geschlossen.
   bei System.Net.ConnectStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsReadCallbackState(DownloadBitsState state, IAsyncResult result)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<DownloadFile>d__6.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<CollectFile>d__5.MoveNext()
--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
   bei Orbx.Download.Downloader.<CollectFiles>d__14.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.Download.Queue.DownloadQueue.<ProcessQueueItem>d__38.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.Download.Queue.DownloadQueue.<ProcessQueue>d__35.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.<BeginDownload>d__68.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.<StartDownloadWrapper>d__67.MoveNext()
OK   

My screen does not look like this. It's too complicated to load a picture here. I only have the Install Product button and the install options.

Oh, I see, it's on the web page with the above link. Pretty difficult. But lets state here, Steam can download such files without problems. Maybe today too much users download their files again.

And it's not possible to download with a download manager with this manual download link. So it wont work either. I'll try again tomorrow. Hope you get that to work.

23 minutes ago, Blaunarwal said:

But lets state here, Steam can download such files without problems.

We're working on it. Please also keep in mind that that this is day one for us, we're not a 2.5 billion dollar company and we only have one developer working on FTX Central (vs the multiple developers that would be working on Steam).

I'll be working on the manual downloading a bit more too, stay tuned :)

Also today ...

I had a rate of 6 to 11 MB/s. It should last only 35 minutes. I'd like to have a link I can transfer to my download manager if it is at all possible to restart downloads from the last point. With Flightsimstore.com it was always possible to download this way. 

If you are continuously seeing this "retry download" message for a single product, please take a screenshot of this message and post if on the forum: System.Net.WebException: Ausnahmefehler während einer WebClient-Anforderung. ---> System.IO.IOException: Von der Übertragungsverbindung können keine Daten gelesen werden: Die Verbindung wurde geschlossen.
   bei System.Net.ConnectStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsReadCallbackState(DownloadBitsState state, IAsyncResult result)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<DownloadFile>d__6.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<CollectFile>d__5.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.Download.Downloader.<CollectFiles>d__14.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.Download.Queue.DownloadQueue.<ProcessQueueItem>d__38.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.Download.Queue.DownloadQueue.<ProcessQueue>d__35.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.<BeginDownload>d__68.MoveNext()
   bei Orbx.FTXCentral.ViewModel.ProductViewModel.<StartDownloadWrapper>d__67.MoveNext()
OK   

1 hour ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Blaunarwal,

There is a "manual download" link that you can find by clicking on each product in your account: https://orbxdirect.com/account

That has been said before. Have you ever tried to directly download such a big file? It needs a download manager, but with this link, I can not connect with the download manager. It loads a file called login (6kB) and that's it. 

Any other great ideas?

P.S. Manual download states 7.1 GB, first 1 hr, then 3-2 changing speeds. I let it run now, almost certain, it will cancel after about 3 GB like with FTX Central 3

1 hour ago, Blaunarwal said:

The manual download was successful, what a surprise with this filesize. I selected the file with FTX Central 3 and now it's downloading again at 0 kB/s. Oh man, I get nuts. 

Just have a little patience. Right now there is no distinction between installing and downloading in the progress bar. If the bar doesn't move and says it is downloading at 0 kb/s chances are it is already unpacking and installing.

I recommend you to stop watching what the program does and do something else until it is finished. ;)

7 hours ago, Blaunarwal said:

The manual download was successful, what a surprise with this filesize. I selected the file with FTX Central 3 and now it's downloading again at 0 kB/s. Oh man, I get nuts. 

As Karsten said, this is a known issue at the moment. You can verify that FTX Central is not downloading anything by looking at the network tab in Task Manager (it still will have a small amount of network traffic, but not much)

Success, finally, took a bit longer than usual. Thanks for your help guys.

I hope  Central 3 does in future download with multiple connections and the possibility to restart a download, after connection was lost etc. I think it did do this, but from 2 GB to 3.7 GB but then started all over again at zero. I had no problems to download and install Great Brittain updates and the new library.

Archived