FTX Central has encountered an unrecoverable error...

Jam71

Hi, I am a very happy user of the Orb FTX and North/South Island of New Zealand scenery packs - as a New Zealander I can't get over how good these are!

I have just bit the bullet and moved from FSX Steam to P3D, but I am encountering the above error message. I have searched the forums and others have experienced the same problem and the suggestions have worked to remedy their situations but don't appear to work for me! 

I have deleted the  %localappdata%\Orbx  file, and reinstalled FTX central, all to know avail.

I will attach the error log = please be aware that I am not very good at software things so any help is appreciated, especially as I can't wait to see how this incredible scenery looks in P3D

Regards

Jason

ftxc_error_302.txt

Thanks so much for the fast reply, Tim.

I will try that now, kicking myself for not having given it a go sooner but I did go and update that last when after installing my new GPU, 

Will let you know how I get on :)

A big welcome from another NZ'er! I can't say "Kiwi" as I wasn't born here! I just hate the thought of NZ not working for somebody!

P3D lighting complements both NZ sceneries incredibly. It'll be a whole new experience!! Mr Harris (above) is too modest to mention it - but the way NZ looks in ORBX is due in no small part to his skill. In other words - you're talking to the right person!!!

Adam.

Thanks Adam, 

yes, I can't get over how realistic the NZ scenery is, very impressed with the fast responses from Tim as well. 

Tim, the updated Orbx library has helped - I can now open FTX central and select P3D however the scenery which shows when I select  FSX SE doesn't show up under P3D...I must be doing something wrong!

Hi Tim,

I am in danger of coming across as being very silly here, but I thought the FTX Central program did that? 

I have previously installed NZNI & NZSI to FSX SE, how do I install them to P3D? 

Sorry, I know this is a very basic question!

Hi Jason,

P3D is a completly different similator so you'll need to install your scenery into that separately to FSX

Re-run the NZNI and NZSI installers again and choose the P3Dv3 option in the beginning, them once done open up FTXcentral and let it update

if the option for P3Dv3 is not there you'll need to get the latest installer from the flightsimstore

Thanks so much...all working now, I am afraid I got myself a bit confused with what the installers actually do vs FTX central. 

Just completed a local scenic out of NZCH in the A2S T-6, and it's stunning, some tweaking to do but very very impressive on P3D.

I really appreciate the fantastic supprt.

Archived