Germany North installation error

SWegner

I am using ORBX products (Global Base, LC Europe) for some years and I have been very satisfied till now. Today I installed Germany North for FSX.

During installation the following error message is shown:

FSX\\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_08_CUSTOM\texture\078a2hwf.bmp

A decompression error has occured (#2029)

Unknown decompression error

After installation of GEN I installed - as advised - the new libraries.

The next problem:

FTX Central 2 does not start.

When I start FTX Central this error is shown:

Regional Files Validation Report

Custom file does not exist.

FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.eu\Iclookup.bgl

When I try to apply LC Europe or Germany North this error is shown:

Unbehandelte Ausnahme in der Anwendung. (An unhandled exception in the application)

FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions\InsertEurope.png

The main problem:

I tried to fly from EDDH. The landscape looks like chessboard. The single fields look absolut nonsensical and are changeing crasy. Water changes into forrest or city and so on.

I don`t know how to handle this issue.

Have you ever run the migration process for FTX Global and Open LC Europe?

If this does not solve the problem then I suspect that your installation of EU Germany

may not have gone well.

If I delete the  FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.eu\Iclookup.bgl file,

when I start FTX Central, it simply replaces it.

As to the error  FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions\InsertEurope.png,

a .png file is not an application, it is an image.

It may be that your product download is corrupt.

Perhaps you can download it again, using a download manager.

Have you ever run the migration process for FTX Global and Open LC Europe?

Hello Nick,

I run the migration in the Troubleshooting folder and got the migration_missing.txt:

Invalid files:
Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl
ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU10\Scenery\OLC_EU_REG_K_ENG_Islands1.bgl
ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU10\Scenery\OLC_EU_REG_K_ENG_WLS_SCO_NIR.bgl
ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU10\Scenery\OLC_EU_REG_K_ENG_WLS_SCO_NIR_cvx.BGL

When I try to start FTXCentral2 I have to confirm that the programm should start and after that nothing happens.

FTXCentral is running and I applied FTXGlobal, LCEurope and GEN. After that I started FSX and transfixed with shock: There is nothing. No landscape, no airport, no clouds, no lights ... absolute nothing!!!

Delete both desktop short cuts and instead, go to C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral,

you will find FTXCentral.exe.

Right click on that and select Send to Desktop (create shortcut).

The try to start it.

The latest version of FTX Central v2 is 2.1.6060.39190

Hello Nick,

sorry for the delay. I have to go to my cellar, because I have a complete B737 fixed base flightsim from Flightdecksolutions.

When I start FTXCentral.exe - after MS Windows security confirmation to run this programme - the circle beside the pointer is turning for 3 or 4 seconds and then happens nothing.

Try switching off the User Account Control, it does nothing much but cause trouble.

Also, if you have some kind of anti virus live scanning going on, exclude FTX Central and FSX from it,

these programs also cause not much else but trouble and you can be sure to trust this sofware.

UAC is deactivated. Now, I don`t have to agree with the execution of FTXCentral. But else there is still the same issue. FTXCentral does not start.

There is no virus scanning software on my FSX computer, because it has no internet connection.

Now, the computer is connected with internet. But when I run FTXCentral the problem is still the same. Also if I run the FTXCentral setup.

I don`t know what to do. Here in Germany it is a quarter past 1 am. So I will see to get some hours of sleep after this horrible day.

• 2 months later...

Dear Orbx Team,

sorry for the long time of inactivity, but I had some weeks full with work in my company. Now at christmas I found some time to work at my flightsimulator problem:

The initial situation was:

After installation of Germany North (I am using Global, LC Europe and Vector for a longer time) I had ground textures like a chessboard. I tried to start Central2, but only the old Central version run, but wrote that " Iclookup.bgl" could not found. When I started FSX nothing was shown, no terrain, no buildings, no sky ... only a blu screen.

The actual situation is:

I installed the latest .NET (4.6). Central2 is starting and avised to run migration process. I agreed and downloaded - as recomended - the updates for Global Base and aplied it. Global Base and Vector are shown in Central2, as well as Germany North. LC Europe isn`t shown in Central"!!!??? When I start FSX I can see the terrain and sky, but all buildings (also airport buildings from e.g. Aerosoft Mega Airport Munich) and trees are still missing ...

I run the Central2 diagnostic tool. The file is: ot7836af187791ad4a4f01fff926334b81

Hope the you could help me to get my sim useable during my christmas holiday.

Thanks!

Okay, I installed Central3. FTXGlobal, Vector and Germany North are shown, but LC Europe is still missing. I also have a login problem. Do I have sign in for a new account at fullterain.com or do I have to use my flightsimstore account or the account registered here in Orbx forum???

Do I have to install LC Europe again???

Dear Nick, thank you for your patience and kind support. Now, the problem is solved. As you advised I installed Central3, transfered my licences from FSS and updated all products. After re-adjustment of view properties in FSX (all slide controls were misaligned) it looks well again.

There is only one issue (existing before my big problem): I have good framerates (50fps or above), but stutters. Long stutters of a second, no micro-stutters. When I deactivate all GlobalVECTOR entries in FSX scenery library the simulator runs perfect. Perhaps, you know why and how to solve this issue.

Archived