FTX updates and FSX pause

MotoDave

I'm bug hunting 2 second pauses in FSX DVD.

Within FTX Central exists updates for products and ftx central.  How often does this happen, and can it affect anything within the core game while flying?

Thanks for your replies.

(I don't have automatic anything FSUIPC as far as I know)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:29 AM, Doogles said:

Do you have windows updates turned on? Is your antivirus software running in real time and looking at your FS?

Thanks Doogles.

Antivirus on (MS default) - windows updates off. 

Might be issues with HD running out of space, according to another developer I spoke with.  This would entail a new HD plus new install, unless I'm mistaken.

1 minute ago, MotoDave said:

Thanks Doogles.

Antivirus on (MS default) - windows updates off. 

Might be issues with HD running out of space, according to another developer I spoke with.  This would entail a new HD plus new install, unless I'm mistaken.

You could use software such as Acronis or the freeware "Macrium Reflect" to clone your existing build to a larger HD...I have done this many times and works great.

8 minutes ago, Doogles said:

You could use software such as Acronis or the freeware "Macrium Reflect" to clone your existing build to a larger HD...I have done this many times and works great.

Doogles, thanks for the tip. 

That's a plus or minus.  My current FSX HD is a Raptor, which I believe reads and writes faster than my other available hard drives.  Then again, I'm not a technical person, so tongue in cheek is the rule when I talk about technicalities.

Doug,

I finally had the energy to devote an afternoon to FSX.  I'm currently sailing my ship on a different tack.  

I straight copied FSX to a 500gb empty hard drive.  Then I re-lettered the original FSX hard drive for safe keeping, and re-lettered the new hard drive to the original FSX "drive letter".  In my case, that was hard drive letter "G".

Sometime programs don't like that, but so far zero complaints from FSX and most of my payware,  including payware planes.  If after a month there are no obvious issues I will probably buy a 1 or 2 gb hard drive and repeat the process.  The newer hard drive currently in use may not have the speed specifications of the Raptor, but so far I'm not seeing any performance difference.

This did not solve the 5 second FSX pause per flight, so perhaps there is a bad model somewhere within a plane or ship AI package.

Thanks for the help.

Archived