Open LC Europe blurry textures

Peter Benz

Hello, 

maybe this topic is open somewhere else, but I couldn't find the helping answer.

My problem is, I have FTX Central v2 installed and after this my lc Europe textures all look blurry right after take off. The sim isn't loading them during the flight. 

If i uncheck the scenery libraries for lc Europe in fsx and only use the fix global sceneries everything is fine and the textures are sharp and load during the whole flight. 

I tried everything from the new Orbx libs up to the force migration. 

Everything worked fine before the ftx central 2 update.

please help me out with this problem. I'm quite annoyed with this problem.

thx Peter 

Hello Peter,

What sim are you using Peter? Fsx, P3d? Could you please be so kind to add a screenshot of the blurry issue. Also it may help to back up and delete your cfg.File and re boot your sim. Also having your in sim settings too high can have a dramatic effect when they are not matching your Pc specs. Please let me know how you went. Just in case you need to know the location of your cfg.file it should be in for example,C/ Pc Name/App Data/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX. I look forward to your reply.

Ok, will do the screenshots in 2hours or so. 

My Pc Specs: 

i5@ 4,7ghz

gtx 760 

12gb RAM 

1tb SSD for win and FSX

FSX 

AS16

REX 

FTX Global

FTX LC Europe

about 30-50 addon Airpots. 

I don't think ist my PC, before the Update to Central v2 everything looked crisp and sharp with fast loading times. 

Even in heavy weather.

i already tried it with new fsx.cfg without any change. 

Now i only use FTX Global and it looks crisp and sharp. 

If i activate FTX Europe in the Fsx scenery Bibliothek it loads the textures around the aircraft.  As soon as I fly 2-3 miles the texture gets blurry and doesn't load again.

i have not tried if I have the same problem with the FTX Northern California and Rockies..... 

im running FSX with locked 30fps. 

Doesnt matter which aircraft. 

Best regards and thx for helping 

Peter 

I'm able to get much less blurriness by reducing the LOD radius to medium or Low.  If you have yours set to any higher than 4.5000 then you may need to reduce it, firstly to 4.5000 in the fsx.cfg and then to Medium or Low in ther options screen in FSX.

Unfortunately for many computers the current demands placed on the computers are just becoming too much to enjoy everything at once.  The extra detail in some sceneries means you have to sacrifice something elsewhere, aircraft complexity, airspeed, LOD radius, autogen and complexity sliders, etc.

Hope you find a good compromise.

Ok, tested for 2 hours. 

The problem is not the Lod Radius. 

I tried every flight in LGTS with pmdg737.

lod Radius at 7.500 

ftx Europe tagged in the scenery Bibliothek. 

The lc goes blurry short after take off. 

Next try with the trike. 

The lc stays crisp an sharp. 

Turning of the LC Europe in the pmdg737 everything stays crisp and sharp.

next try in EDDM. 

Pmdg737 

lc Europe tagged 

everything stays sharp after takeoff! 

Could it be that has something to do with the water settings. 

Island blurry texture 

no island no blurry texture? 

Did you try the PMDG737 (a known resource hungry add-on) with the LOD radius set to Low?

That is what I suggested.

Of course the trike results in crisp textures even with a large LOD radius set, it uses next to no resources so the program can devote almost all its bandwidth to displaying the scenery.

I've tried the pmdg737 with lod at 4.5. there is maybe a slight differnt. If i only use FTX Global it stays crisp even with lod 7.5.

yesrerday I set the bufferpools to 0 which increased the loading speed even more and I have even better frames now. 

I'm running Fsx with d10fixer in dx10. 

The Question is: Why did this behavior start after updating to the FTX Central V2. 

I going to make some screenshots in a moment and will provide you my fsx.cfg

best regards 

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Peter,

I would give the attached post below a try, basically the idea here is to fix your issue with blurries and Orbx scenery? If so I think you need to backup and delete your cfg file, re-build a fresh one and post back without touching the cfg file. Changing attributes only leads to problems in my opinion. I look forward to your reply.:)

Thanks Richard,

so I did as advised, new fsx.cfg, cleared my shader caches, forced migration, but blurry textures were the same. I think I

have the same problem as a couple of other simmers here described. After changing to FTX Central2 the loading of the

textures is too slow or something else prevents the loading of the textures. I then disabled lc Europe and the problem was gone.

Any further help would be appreciated as of course I want to us lc Europe.

Peter

I have an idea that the demands of the new unified lclookup may be best served by installing your sim on a good fast SSD.  If you have yours on a standard 7200 rpm HDD, it might struggle in the way your screenshots indicate.  A 500GB SSD is under $200 these days.  Also, anything less that a GTX970 is also likely to be a handicap.

The other thing to do if you're running a tubeliner, especially a complex add-on, is to go into your setting and reduce your LOD radius to Low.  I know we all love to have LODs in the cfg file set to 6.5, 7.5 etc but the 32 bit coding just runs out of puff.  Even the High setting in FSX is 4.5.

I hope this is not the end of getting help for my problem. Scanning through various topics here it seems that quite some people facing this problem.

All recommendations given did in most cases not solve the problem. So now I am sitting here with my wonderful product but need to deactivate it to

fly in a reasonable clear environment. Can I roll back to before FTX2?

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

I would say at a guess a very large amount of users do not have any issue with blurries, you are also running FSX which in itself is prone to significant issues with performance. May I ask on the same approach in a default aircraft how is the performance looking? Do you still get blurries in this area? You need to consider that your In- Sim settings do not match your PC specs.

Thanks Richard, no I haven't tried with a default aircraft yet. Do you mean with going to FTX2 there is much more demand on the computer?

As I said my sim incl. all my ORBX products were running quite well before. Mine and some others specific setup might have some problems I like to find out.

Peter

I still haven't seen any confirmation of setting the LOD radius in the FSX settings to Low.  The setting you have mentioned is 4.50000 which is High.  If you want to set low in the fsx.cfg file the number to use is 2.50000.

It makes a difference for me when flying a bit faster than GA or a complex aircraft.

It also makes a huge difference in some scenery areas where Vector data is complex.

I took LOD down to 2.50000. On my arrival to LIMP I shut ASN down (bad weather couldn't see anything) and texture was much better,

no blurries, not sure about the details yet and of course the a/c is demanding FSL BUS. On my next flight I will stay with 2.50000 but

keep ASN running.

Peter

Kept my LOD at 2.5 and ASN on, unfortunately blurry textures were back, in this case approach LOWS. I am not to intimite how all

these programs run internaly. So my question is, if the performance of my rigg is too weak, why do I get detailed and sharp

textures of my payware airport on approach, landing and afterwards; in that case Digital Design's Salzburg, but blurries with

Open LC Europe?

Thanks Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I had the same problem even after using this: ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe.

But right now I've got things working (no blurry textures) and this is how i achieved it: Affinity Mask=249. You could also try Affinity Mask=241. To me it didn't matter if Hyperthreading was on or off. My specs: i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, GTX 680, SSD for FSX. I had good frames throughout, so give it a try, maybe it'll work for you.

Regards,

Harish

Hi Peter and All,

I was having blurry textures all around California N and S without hope. Than I did the test HT=ON and AF=249. Well, I've got back the crispy textures but my framerates limited to 30 went down to 14. Did you observe this co-lateral symptom in your system?

Best

Alright guys, the thing is if you've got HT on, your CPU is under a lot of extra pressure. You cannot overclock that much (you lose approx. 300MHz).

@Overlord, affinity Mask is a balance between frames and texture loading. Higher AM means the CPU takes it's time to load the textures and so the frames drop. That's how I understood it. I understand that you don't wanna turn HT on, but I don't see another way, unless ORBX actually does something about it.

@Heronjr, your frames are gonna go down because more rendering is being done. It all depends on your system (your overclock and CPU). Post your specs, or just compare them to mine.

• 4 months later...
On 29. 11. 2016 at 8:04 PM, darkplay said:

Alright guys, the thing is if you've got HT on, your CPU is under a lot of extra pressure. You cannot overclock that much (you lose approx. 300MHz).

@Overlord, affinity Mask is a balance between frames and texture loading. Higher AM means the CPU takes it's time to load the textures and so the frames drop. That's how I understood it. I understand that you don't wanna turn HT on, but I don't see another way, unless ORBX actually does something about it.

@Heronjr, your frames are gonna go down because more rendering is being done. It all depends on your system (your overclock and CPU). Post your specs, or just compare them to mine.

I still cant use the open_lc if I dont want to get blurry textures and I cant set the HT in my bios.So I cant use the AFM=249 or 241 :) Maybe one day this will be solved from orbx staff but I doubt it.

Archived