Road traffic speed

Jon Clarke

I installed quite a long time ago the slower traffic programme but it does not seem to work worldwide. I set pretty high road traffic at PAVD and the cars were racing around. I also noticed this around Bunderburg in AUS. Is there a chance that some addon updates or reinstalls revert the files back to their default setting? I have also changed the speed in Simobjects\Groundvehicles\automobiles simcfg to 50 mph. but still see speed variables in different regions.

Can you tell me how to get all cars and trucks ( road users only, not airport vehicles etc) to conform to a unified speed? I saw another non orbx speed reducer programme which contained a xml to replace the default one. LWcfg.xml but this programme also refers to requiring the LWcfg.spb to be turned to .OFF. However in P3d I don't find such a named file as SPB. The orbx version is an exe so I don't know what changes are made where by the installer.

Any ideas? I am not sure if the Slower traffic orbx version is supposed to work in P3D

Resolved. The change needs to be made in the LWcfg.xml which is in Users\name\appdata\roaming\LM. Open the xml with notepad and find

<Filename>LWSettings.xml</Filename>
    <LivingWorld.LivingWorldSettings>
        <LivingWorldRegion RegionID="A" RightSideDrive="TRUE">
            <!-- Europe Germanic -->
            <FreewayTraffic TrafficSpeed="50">
                <ModelEntry ModelID="{f3b82b48-30bb-

Change the speed from the default 100 to whatever you want. I set mine to 50 as you can see. Save the file. I also changed the sim cfg of ground vehicles as I mentioned in my first post. Don't know if that is an additional requirement but I did it anyway.

Archived