CYBD Terrain / Elevation Issues

Sammy H

Now once I started panning around look at textures, aircraft becomes transparent, building starts to disappear at certain angles.  As I said, i had also noticed this when I was flying FSX as well but totally forgot to post about it.

Nick Cooper: Sorry Sammy, I have inadvertently removed your opening post.

Your own post, 14th May this year.

Mike, I know this is an old topic but I am bumping it because for the first time tonight I seen this texture anomaly in P3Dv3.2 after purchasing and testing Bella Coola CYBD.  I too have the VRS installed and I noticed you said it was giving you issues.  Just as a solution to this so you can still use your VRS when you want is simply going into the TacPack Manager and there is an option to allow the VRS.DLL to load each time you start your sim, never, or Prompt.  If you switch it to Prompt every time you start P3D it will ask you if you want to run the VRS.DLL, if you are not going to fly the VRS at that particular moment then say no and the DLL won't load.  This will fix the texture anomaly without you having to not install the VRS.

The reason the DLL causes this weird texture/terrain anomaly is because VRS has it's own terrain avoidance and crash detection system built into it which is more accurate than the sims could ever portray thus creating this effect we are seeing with the textures and terrain.  When you want to fly the VRS all you have to do when that prompt comes up is say yes and you will load the VRS as normal.  If you select no to the prompt understand you will not be allowed to use any TacPack products correctly until you shut the sim down and restart and selecting yes at the prompt screen.  Hope this help some out in the future.

Hello Sammy H,

Below is what I am seeing, all looks fine on this end. Honestly I would shut down P3d, boot it back up and have a look, please report back.:)

Ps; You do have NA Pacific Fjords Installed?

1.jpg
                         2.jpg

Hi Sammy,

If you have Tac Pac or / and Javier AI Carriers installed, temporarily disable these add-ons and see if this issue disappears.

Do like this:

Open up this file C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml and change "False" by "True", close the file and fire up the simulator. See if you'll get rid of this issue.

Original Changed
<Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon>
<Name>VRS_TacPack</Name> <Name>VRS_TacPack</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled> <Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\VRS_TacPack\VRS_TacPack.dll</Path> <Path>Modules\VRS_TacPack\VRS_TacPack.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon> </Launch.Addon>

It seems that AiCarriers and/or VRS TacPac are creating some ghost surfaces on certain areas or airports.

Cheers,

Voyager

Hi Sammy H,

I wonder if its the same issue you had with VRS TacPac in a previous topic. While using a VRS aircraft with Tacpac,  it can effect the runway and aircraft where certain parts go missing or are cut by ground textures through the aircraft appearing transparent.  See below links for a similar issue.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102317-texture-problems/?do=findComment&comment=923976

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/120059-floating-textures-with-ennk/?do=findComment&comment=1077648

Thanks all for the responses.  I will give all these great solutions a try.  I very well could be a TP or AI Carriers related issue.  Mainly TP as it creates it's own more accurate collision points within the sim.  Not directly related to ORBX per-say but it manages terrain collision better and Terrain Following Radar better this way.  I will disable them in the XML and see if this solves the issues.

Thanks again gents!

Ok all, I am happy to report this is resolved.  As mentioned above this is a TacPack related thing as I described in my original response.  Great thing about TacPack is there is an option in TacPack menu that allows you to turn it on or off at the beginning of starting your sim.  So in this case if you are not flying a TacPack aircraft do not load the module and if you are then load it.  Easy fix, I have it set to prompt me each time when I start P3D to load it or not.  I simply said not to load it and viola everything was good.  Thanks again for the suggestions and now I know I can enjoy ALL my addons without having to remove anything etc.  Thanks again!

Archived