FSX Steam

Without trawling through all the various messages (is there a topic search tool?), can anyone please explain how to install ORBX to FSX Steam, as it is not found when installing Global...? I have run the registry tool but the problem remains. I have heard that changing the FSX-Steam directory name to FSX may help but I am concerned that doing this may damage data or links used by Steam.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

Alan 

Hello Alan and welcome to the forums.

Yes, there is a search function, at the top right, under your forum name.

There is also a forum dedicated to the Steam Edition and I have moved your topic to it.

The FTX installers use the Windows registry to detect where your simulator is installed,

so if there is no registry entry, there will be no simulator in the drop down list.

As you are using FSX-SE and assuming that it is the only FSX version on your PC, you should create

registry entries for FSX and then use the FSX choice that will appear in the installer menu.

There is a useful FSX Registry Utility to be found on this page.

You can use it to set your FSX registry entries, pointing to where you have installed FSX-SE.

This will be Your chosen location\steamapps\common\FSX.

You can see that the FSX folder is already named FSX, there is a great deal of misinformation

to be found on the internet, we try not to use it here.

If you required support for your FTX products, you will need to post an FSS order number please.

Archived