How to uninstall region without a working FTXCentral

caribou

Hello.   I get the following message after clicking on the shortcut for FTX Central 2:   "FTC Central has stopped working".   Please note - FTX Central doesn't display at all.  The only item displayed after clicking on the shortcut is the error message.

I ran the Migration Troubleshooting tool which failed - Please see attached file at bottom of page.

I also ran the Asoft Netver program which indicated I have the following .netframework versions installed: 2, 3, 3.5, 4

I had just done a new reload (today) of my Windows 7 SP1 operating system.  I then installed .netframework 4.0, FSX , Acceleration, Orbx Norway and Orbxlibs 160906.   I also installed all "Important Updates" as indicated in "Windows Update".    Thanks in advance for your help.     Howard

Problem details are below:

"Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    FTXCentral.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5743287e
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bdbdf
  Exception Code:    e0434352
  Exception Offset:    0000b727
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt"

migration_missing.txt

Hi Folks...  I currently do not have a working FTXCentral.     I posted a message (title: "FTC Central has stopped working" about a week a go in the FTXCentral support forum but haven't gotten a reply.   I can understand the tech folks are extremely busy with the new FTXCentral 3.   . 

Just for background:   I did a reload of my operating system and then tried to install Norway.    After installing Norway, FTXCentral was displayed and I switched to Europe.    My problem is that when I tried to install Orbxlibs I got an error when it tried to setup FTXCentral.   When I click on the FTXCentral icon I get the error message....

Since I don't know how to fix FTXCentral, I'd like to uninstall FTX and try again with another region (I have many).    But, I've already switched FTXcentral to Europe and I have no way of switching back to default as I don't have a working FTXCentral.    If I uninstall  FTX, my scenery files would still be set for EU not default.  

WIll that affect my regular FSX scenery or will my FSX scenery be back to where it originally was after FSX was installed? 

Is there a separate download of FTXCentral2 which I could try to see if that would work.?

Thanks in advance...  Howard

I am also looking for a separate FTXCentral2, as you say the guys may be busy with the upcoming transfer from FSS, but we will not be able to transfer if we do not get our FTXCentral2 working, I also have posted in FTXCentral2 support page yesterday. just hope Ben has time to look at our problems soon.

Hi Folks - Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get FTXCentral working?     Please help as I'm trying to get all  of my Orbx scenery installed and up to date before Nov. 1st.      The only region I could install is Norway so far..... after a fresh install of FSX.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated..    I understand that the tech staff are involved with FTXCentral 3 with a Nov 1  deadline but if any one else can assist that would help........

Thanks -   Howard

Looking again at your posts, I see that you have selected Europe.

That should not be possible with the latest version of FTX Central.

Try going to C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local and delete the ORBX folder.

Download the latest libraries, if you haven't already and install them

This should also install the latest version of FTX Central and you should follow

any on screen prompts.

On 10/9/2016 at 10:57 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Looking again at your posts, I see that you have selected Europe.

That should not be possible with the latest version of FTX Central.

Try going to C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local and delete the ORBX folder.

Download the latest libraries, if you haven't already and install them

This should also install the latest version of FTX Central and you should follow

any on screen prompts.

Hi Nick

I deleted the Orbx folder as you suggested, downloaded the latest Orbxlibs and installed them.    At the end of the installation I got the following message:

“Could not load type ‘System.runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine

From assembly ‘mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’, at

CentralSetup.MainWindow.StartInstalling()

At CentralSetup,MainWindow.Button_BeginInstall(Object sender,

RoutedEventArgs e)

At CentraSetup.MainWindow..ctor()”

Then when I close that error message box I get a message as follows:

"FTX CENTRAL Installer

As part of the Orbx Libraries installation process, FTX Central will be installed. 

FTX Central helps you manage all of your Orbx products and keep them up to date"

Below the message is a rectangular box intened to show the installation progress... it is blank and never starts..   The only option is to close the message box.

When I then look at the C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local folder, the Orbx folder is not there.

Hope that helps..... thanks,    Howard

hi caribou, I did manage to get my FTXCentral2 back again, but it was my stupid fault.

Have you tried a full virus check and a malware check, would be worth a try.

did you stop your virus program before trying the new install of FTXCentral2 ?

Hello Howard,

I think that your error message is telling you that you do not have the required version of the

Microsoft .net framework installed.

If you visit this page and download the .net version detector, you can use it to check and then

if necessary upgrade your installation to the latest version.

dotnetversiondetector_main.png

That's it!!!       Many thanks Nick for your persistence in helping me get my system running again...    Here's what happened:  I did have netframework 4.0 installed when I encountered the FTXCentral problem.    So after reading your message I downloaded the latest netframework 4.6.2 and that did it...   My beloved Orbx is back again so I can now upload all of it in preparation for the Nov 1st FTXCentral 3.

Please mark this problem as resolved - or perhaps I should say happily resolved.

I very much appreciate your help  ----     Howard

23 hours ago, wombat said:

hi caribou, I did manage to get my FTXCentral2 back again, but it was my stupid fault.

Have you tried a full virus check and a malware check, would be worth a try.

did you stop your virus program before trying the new install of FTXCentral2 ?

Hi wombat...   good to hear your FTXCentral 2 is back, so is mine...    No I didn't stop my anti virus program for the install.   My problem had to do with netframework.   I had version 4.0, then after a message from Nick I installed 4.6.2 which is the latest and it now works well!!!   Have a good one....    Howard

Archived