Photoreal??? You bet!!

AnthG87

Hi guys,

just a comparison shot of YCNK against the Google image...I actually think the FTX image is more detailed than the Google one...The Google image is probably a bit old now.

Anyway you can see just how real it is. I can also personally vouch for the realism of the scenery as I am a commercial pilot in NSW based out of YSBK and have spent many hours flying around the central coast and Hunter regions and I can tell you that I sometimes forget I am sitting in front of a computer screen when i'm flying!!

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Happy flying and thanks again FTX!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry I forgot to put this info at the end...My bad!!  ;D ;D

AU BLUE:  3397

AU GOLD:  6175

AU GREEN: 11519

AU RED:    14171

YMML:      9094

YSCH:      14171

YPJT:      14171

YPEC:      25242

YWVA:      25242

YMAV:      25242

You just don't realise the effort that must of gone in to FTX until you see something like this!

Thanks for sharing.  :)

BTW just put your order numbers in your signature (you can do this in your forum profile settings at the top left of the page, just below the banner ad) and you won't have to worry about them!

Al

I think it was a joke and in fact pointing out the similarities between the two in a kind of sarcastic manner.

Note the  :P at the bottom of his post...  I had to re-read it a few times to get what I hope was the gist of his comment.  :)

Al

I think it was a joke and in fact pointing out the similarities between the two in a kind of sarcastic manner.

Note the  :P at the bottom of his post...  I had to re-read it a few times to get what I hope was the gist of his comment.  :)

Al

Exactly :).

Wolter is half correct ;)

In many instances the same data providers we license our imagery from, also provide the same or similar data to Google. In this instance Sinclair Knight Merz is the data provider and licensor to both Orbx and GE, therefore the uncanny similarities.

Archived