Sandy Looking Textures with FTX England

Kian Andrews

Hello there everyone, 

Just brought FTX England and have installed along with my Global and Vector. I also have REX 4 textures and Free Mesh. 

However I installed FTX England with no issues and updated to the newest release. I have checked that I have the latest object flow and common libraries. Vector and Global also running on the newest version. I installed p3d v3.4 a few days ago by uninstalling and reinstalling the client. Everything is working great and looking good, until now. So I installed FTX loaded up and I was presented with these wonderful textures that I don't think you would typical find in the UK especially just outside Gatwick where this screenshot was taken. However it is not only Gatwick as Manchester also has the same problem. I have tried running the Vector configurator but that doesn't change anything. The only way I can get the problem to go is by unticking FTX Eng from the scenery library. Look forward to a response, hopefully with good news. Not really up for a full reinstall of P3D.

Many thanks :)

14536793_548204658722402_1062683629_o-2.jpg

Hi Nick and guys,

I have just encountered the same problem after a full reinstall of the latest P3D (on a clean drive), followed by my Orbx Base, Vector, OLC Europe and UK regions. No other scenery or 3rd Party addons have been installed as of yet. Leaving EGNL I am seeing the Lake District covered with multiple areas of what appears to be sandy, desert-like textures.

I have confirmed that the scenery order is correct in the library, checked my scenery config numbering, cleared the shaders cache and have run the migration tool and the troubleshooter, all to no avail. FTX Central reports that all my products are up to date and the only 'fix' seems to be to deactivate the FTX England scenery. 

Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave C.

Order Numbers: FSS0314097 and FSS0314226.

Hi Nick. Just re-ran the Force Migration Tool. The cmd screen went through its routine and finished with a Migration Complete message. I then ran the Migration Troubleshooter in the Orbx Troubleshooter Folder and that reported that my installed regions had migrated correctly and that "All region files exist. All files valid, MD5 hashes checked". I have also tried changing the seasons but, although coloured slightly differently, the anomolies are still present. Really scratching my head over this one?

regards,

Dave C.

[edit]

Test flights from EGNL after the installation of Base, Vector and Olc Europe were all fine. The problem has only arisen since the installation of FTX England.  Perhaps a re-install would be the order of the day?

Addendum to the 'resolved' statement:  FTX ENG140 was stable. Flew a couple of test flights out of EGNL and all ok. Downloaded and Installed the the England updates suggested by FTX Central 2  - and the Lake District again looks like the Arizona Desert?

Might I suggest that the problem lies at your end as Developers and not at ours as Users?

Regards,

Ok so everything was fine until you installed Libraries, then you noticed the Lake District now looks like the Arizona Desert, Thanks for letting us know.

8 hours ago, Davco said:

Might I suggest that the problem lies at your end as Developers and not at ours as Users?

There is no need to post rude passive aggressive comments like this, if you have an issue with your installation we are happy to try and resolve it with you, "defining what is the issue". Either we need to fix something or the user has made a mistake. Please next time refrain from making such comments.

Archived