Trees on Runway and Taxiway at freeware CFP7 Wainwright (Field 21)

Ziggy

Hello all,

mabey someone one else can check for me as well but as the Topic says, for me anyway, Trees are everywhere, I'm assuming it has to do with Open LC as this airport was fine when it was released a while back.

hope it's not just an issue on my end ;)

I've got just about everything ORBX has to offer installed including Global,Vector,OpenLC and so on, any help is much appreciated:)

If needed I can post a screenshot

Cheers,

Greg Z

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, larryisenor said:

Posting a picture would help. Before that check Vector and make sure that under water settings Frozen Water in winter is not checked. This causes trees in water areas and sometimes affects other areas.

Larry

Hi Larry, Thanks for the response,

I'll post a picture when I get a chance and 

Vector Frozen water is unchecked

Cheers 

Greg Z :)

Hi Larry, 

Sorry , I haven't been able to post a pic of the area yet, I'm in the middle of building my cockpit.

I'm using FSX (boxed) DX10 and didn't see the problem on my end with the first North America LC only after the 2nd NA Landclass was installed.

I have noticed a few other Global freeware airports with some what of the same issue but those were posted already, didn't see anybody post anything about CFP7 so mabey it's just on my end.

Library is in proper order 

I'll do more investigating when my system is back up and running

Thanks again :)

Cheers,

Greg Z 

Hiya

Sorry to wade in on this thread, but have you tried this? Worked for me and a number of other people that had trees in places they didn't belong

If you back up your files first and it doesn't make any difference, you've lost nothing.. just 10 mins max of your time.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61832-ftx-global-install-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1087199

Best of luck getting it sorted

6 hours ago, hlminx said:

Best of luck getting it sorted

Hi,

Thanks for chiming in, I remember this thread from way back, (think I might have even used the terrain cfg that Wolter posted)

I'll give it a go when I'm back up and running

Thanks again  :)

Cheers 

Greg Z

On 10/4/2016 at 2:59 PM, larryisenor said:

2016-10-6_22-54-5-874.jpg

Hi Larry,

Here is what I am seeing in FSX DX10

If I disable the CVX it gets rid of the trees but I lose a bit of detail (roads around the area ect.)

I've tried a new terrain cfg. with no luck

Tried disabling some scenery entries as well with no luck

Thanks,

Greg Z

On October 6, 2016 at 11:57 PM, larryisenor said:

Not sure what is causing this as I don't have the problem but I'll pass it along to Neil.
 I think there have been some other airports with a similar problem.

Larry

Hi Larry,

My issue is Fixed!!

So after doing some investigating, researching and unchecking sceneries, trying to find out if some other Addon installed something I wasn't aware of and so on and so on, I finally decided that either my Global, Vector or OpenLC must be broken so here is what I did if you or others are at all interested

1- Installed latest Global installer over top of existing  Global install (probably didn't need to do this but did it anyway)

2-Uninstalled OpenLC NA completely 

3-Reinstalled OpenLC NA 

4-Uninstalled Vector Completely 

5-Reinstalled Vector 1.30 and then each patch after up until 1.45

I installed the latest Libraries after all installs as well

So far the airports that I have checked including CFP7 Wainwright that had trees on runways and taxiways are all clear of the issues I was having.

will check more as time goes on but for now my issue is resolved.

Thank you for taking the time to check things on your end, it's very much appreciated 

Cheers 

Greg Z

Archived